<windows root>\system32\hal.dll.

Solved/Closed
marie20jk - Jul 30, 2009 at 12:50 PM
 Rajeesh - Dec 5, 2013 at 03:58 AM
Hello,
when I turn the Acer Aspireone on it gives me an error please reload <windows root>\system32\hal.dll.
i attempted to take the computer into safe mode then change the date to when the compute was last working properly but I was not clear as to how to do this.
Related:

3 responses

Mine doesnt have a cd drive how do I fix it
Blocked Profile
Jul 31, 2009 at 07:18 AM
ho there,

you need to insert your windows cd

then make a repair

thanks
hellow I wil happy!

insert your any windows operating system,,And booting the Cd ..

press repair...

next boot your system ...

enjoy your life....
what if you don't have a disk drive?
What do you do if you have tried everything that has been suggested and still get windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupted <windows root>\SYSTEM32\hal..dll
Please re install a copy of the above file ????
brook1988 Posts 3 Registration date Monday November 11, 2013 Status Member Last seen November 11, 2013
Nov 11, 2013 at 02:04 PM
i have the same prob only dusted it out lol, have no disc looked everywere but no joy...
brook1988 Posts 3 Registration date Monday November 11, 2013 Status Member Last seen November 11, 2013
Nov 11, 2013 at 02:53 PM
it works now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and better than before, un-plugged each hdd until it worked think that hdd is currupt :) hope it helps some one as there is nothing on here except fool directing you to windows home page pff worst advice every it never tells you how to solve just says its for the bin .......:)
insert windows xp cd and boot from this cd
press R when appearing recovery console

type "bootcfg /rebuild"
then ask windows identifier. type "Microsoft Windows XP Professional"
entering load option "/fast detect"

note please not use " "(inverted comas )