Major Acer Laptop Problem

Closed
Riley - Jul 29, 2009 at 07:38 AM
 Riley - Jul 30, 2009 at 07:28 AM
Hello,
last night I was browsing the internet like usual when suddenly my screen started to flicker. Then it went off. The power of the laptop was still on but windows itself had closed and was not still running (no sound, nothing)

So I restarted the laptop and now it won't boot at all. However It appears to start up, or at least try to. The hard drive read button will flash once then the caps lock/scroll locks buttons once together and then nothing else happens. Nothing else is shown on the laptop screen, not even the usual Acer boot menu and there are no beeps or anything like this.
After about 5 minutes of the laptop being on it restarts itself and tries to boot up again, but with the exact same problem.

Please help? Thanks
Related:

3 responses

Blocked Profile
Jul 29, 2009 at 07:57 AM
hi there,

remove the memory stick

clean it and place it in the slot

and handle with care as static current may damage it

Thanks
I took the RAM out of the laptop and it continued with the same problem. I then tried them both in slot 1 individually and still the same problem. does this mean that both of my RAM cards are broken or there is a different problem entirely? I hope it is the RAM as this is quite cheap to replace.
Memory Stick? Sorry i'm not sure if I follow!?
I still haven't gotten anywhere. I've tried connecting to an external monitor, but I don't think the screen is the problem. Taking out the ram, but still nothing.

Any ideas? Please