Can't get my cd/dvd disk drive to work

Closed
countryboy - Jul 28, 2009 at 02:02 AM
 countryboy - Jul 29, 2009 at 05:00 AM
Hello,
my system was hacked which they locked me out of my system. i disconnected internet and went in to see the damage done but it seems i could not access any, ANY program. I did a system recovery because i could not do a system reboot. I have ATT uverse and trying to install the disk to set up my internet again but my drive won't read any disk. what should I do? BTW i have windows xp
Related:

1 response

Blocked Profile
Jul 28, 2009 at 05:14 AM
Dear Sir,

You will have to download the software from the AT&T website

https://localization.att.com/loc/controller?cdvn=landinglocalization&pid=1080<ype=res&prod-snip=res_internet_services

Or contact the customer care

Thanks
i would download it if i could but i have no internet connection without the disk. I am sending this from a friends internet. but what about my cd/dvd device not reading the disk. is there a way i can fix that to get it to read the disk? (I made i typo error in first post. I was not able to do a system restore because i was locked out of my system so i rebooted my pc and hit F10 to do a system recovery before Windows XP even pulled up.) now i did see something online, at another website, about going into my device manager and deleting the driver and then rebooting the system and they said it should restore it to default function. do you think that would work or would i permanently lose my device driver?