Problem registering with DNS?

Closed
zirkel - Jul 24, 2009 at 11:26 AM
 user1011 - Jun 9, 2010 at 12:49 PM
Hello,
Hi! I'm using a Linksys wireless router. but my problem is, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. my laptop which uses the wireless connection only gets connected to the internet for a few minutes. after that, the wireless connection icon says that the internet is still connected but internet explorer or the yahoo messenger won't work. I then click the wireless connection icon, then click repair. it says that it could not finish repairing the connection because there's a problem registering with DNS. when I restart the computer, the internet will then again work for a few minutes. then the cycle goes on and on. anyone knows how I can solve the problem?
Related:

2 responses

closeup22 Posts 8923 Registration date Friday May 15, 2009 Status Member Last seen October 7, 2010 2,099
Jul 24, 2009 at 01:17 PM
hi there,

go to run type CMD OR press Ctrl key+R

in will enter command line

type ipconfig/ release

it release your ip

ipconfig/ flush

then type

ipconfig/renew which will renew your ip and dns

wait till it renews your ip

then try this

ping www.yahoo.com or any site you want to know if there is packet loss

or use lan cable connection to check if there is still the problems if yes then go to your modem/router settings

and reset it to default

thanks
hi everytime I type ip config/ flush, it says 'ip' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

then if I type ipconfig/renew, heres what it says
Windows IP Configuration
An error occurred while renewing interface Local Area Connection: The RPC server is unavailable.

what am I supposed to do?
This is because it is supposed to be ipconfig/ (no space between ip and config)