Kioskea
Recherche
Ask a question Report

My USB wont show up on my computer anymore? [Solved/Closed]

Rome42 - Latest answer on Apr 15, 2013 07:38AM
Hello,
When i first got my usb cord for my phone it was working fine, it would come up in my computer the E or F drive it was called but now when i plug it in nothing comes up it jus charges my phone, i was wondering if you could help me or try an figured out how i can make it come back up on my computer cuz i'm trying to put pics on my phone but i cant nomore???
Read more 
Answer
+58
moins plus
After plugging in the device. Go to device manager(In run type "devmgmt.msc") In Device manager go to "Universal serial bus controllers" It would list the storage devices that you have connected to your PC. Right click and then click "Uninstall. Remove the USB drive and restart ur system. Try connecting the device again, it should reinstall the device drivers.
I think this may solve the problem if it's software related. Good Luck

SPECKS PRODUCTION- Apr 16, 2010 02:21PM
hey it dont work, my light comes on but nothing shows, not even in the usb conrollers section! USB MODEL: Sandisk Cruzer Micro 4GB U3
xcfghxhf- May 18, 2010 09:55PM
Thank you very much xpcman, your solution worked perfectly for me! lifesaver!!
????- Aug 30, 2010 09:34PM
mine dont show up there :(
k8madura- Apr 2, 2013 05:07PM
Thanks! Worked like a charm! :)
animefreak- Apr 15, 2013 07:38AM
it got up to the Device Management but when I right-click theres no "uninstall" please help! it has an assignment due tomorrow and my USB corrupted on me
Answer
+8
moins plus
Cheers XPCman. I did as you suggested and it worked. Well, I went device manager, portable devices then uninstalled my iphone. It worked a treat.

This document entitled « My USB wont show up on my computer anymore? » from Kioskea (en.kioskea.net) is made available under the Creative Commons license. You can copy, modify copies of this page, under the conditions stipulated by the license, as this note appears clearly.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.