My hp laptop screen is black

Solved/Closed
char - Jul 16, 2009 at 08:38 PM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Nov 7, 2010 at 04:58 PM
Hello,

i have a hp pavillion dv2000. whenever I turn it on the lights flash but the screen is black.please help me
Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Jul 16, 2009 at 10:48 PM
This type of problem is normally hardware in nature.

Does the laptop play the Windows "welcome" sound? If you had the sound before and don't now, then you laptop may need major repairs.

Can you connect an external monitor to the laptop? Rember that you will need to activate the video port with a Function Key before you can expect to see an image on the external display. I
Try to shine a bright light at an angle on the screen when the PC is on. If you see a faint image, then your "backlight" or "inverter" is broken.

Good Luck
My hp laptop screen flickers between black and white patterns, and sometimes you can see a faint image of the start menu barely visible on the screen. If you leave it on for a minute you still hear the windows sound. However, I tried hooking it up to an external display, and there is no image. I am not sure what the function key is, but since there is still a faint image of the start menu I was thinking maybe there is damage to the graphics card, but I am not sure. Could you let me know?
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826 > mr nice guy
Mar 16, 2010 at 10:56 PM
You might have a problem with the "backlight" or the "inverter" that supplies power to the backlight. When you use an external monitor you must activate the VGA port before it will work. Look for a function key (top row) with an icon of a CRT or a key marked LCD/CRT. It's standard to press Fn + (the VGA key) at the same time. You might try Fn + (every function key) until you find the correct one.

Good Luck
Hi

I have got the same problem, I have normal picture on the VGA already changed the inverter. Shell I try to change the backlight now? I have a ZV600

Best Regards
Istvan
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,169
Nov 7, 2010 at 04:58 PM
Hello Istvan
I would certainly take it to a repair shop to have the backlight assessed.

Regards