Recherche
Ask a question Report

5.1 Surround Speakers Not working [Solved/Closed]

rj0209 - Latest answer on May 4, 2011 01:09PM
Hello,
Motherboard: nforce3-a
speakers: Logitech x-540
sound card: Creative SoundBlaster (SB) Audigy SE
5.1 surround sound is not working... Applications and Drivers are fully updated, i have tried uninstalling and re-installing the drivers. When i select 5.1 under the types of speakers in my application, it disables my center speaker, and makes my rear speakers really garbling. When i select 2.1, it gives me EVEN crystal clear quality sound from all the speakers. I have also checked all the connections three times.
Read more 
Answer
+41
moins plus
Ok i know this post has been here for an age but ive just stumbled upon it today,i too had the same problem not getting my 5.1 to work,here's how i sussed it,open up the EAX console or advanced HQ (its the same thing) on the thrid panel along you will see CMSS 3D click it,i find selecting CMSS 3D 2 is the one that works for me,just play a music track at the same time your changing the effects to get the best result,hope this works

acidman- Feb 1, 2009 06:28PM
Make sure your source is 5.1 surround sound (YouTube Halo recordings are not). You can download a true test from http://kadaitcha.cx/3dsurround.html. It worked for me. My Logitech X-540 system was mute until I moved the green connector from the white (wide) output on the sound card into the green output below it (a flashlight helped figure out that counter-intuitive error). Then the Realtec test worked properly but I couldn't hear any sound surround from my audio or video recordings. Only after I downloaded true 5.1 did I appreciate that it was working. As someone said, the Matrix button needs to be off to hear all tracks on a 5.1 source.
megrim- Aug 7, 2009 06:31PM
Thanks thanks Trance Man !!!
CMSS 2 fixed my Bass redirection using "CtPanel.exe"
Exilede_SouL- Nov 2, 2009 09:36AM
Thanks a lot Trance Man..ur method worked.
ai- Nov 13, 2009 08:19PM
i have SC sb24 7.1 value...that's work in win7, but just on 2.1 speakers can i hear...
i can't found console creative after installed..working but not full..

a have setting on my OS, i can hear 5.1 but if i play mediaplayer or MKV..it's doesn't work just only 2.1

somebody can help me??

thanks

"sory my english not ver well..^^"
Heman- May 4, 2011 01:09PM
guys try to install SRS Audio Sandbox it totally worked for me ... Now i am able to play 5.1 surround through all 5 speakers.....
Answer
+13
moins plus
Tks man,I didn't think I would ever fix them.
I had speaker fill and Loudness equalization that I clicked on both and now they work :))))))

Answer
+11
moins plus
PEOPLE STOP SEARCHING IF U EXPERIENCE THAT ISSUE WITH WINDOWS 7:
CREATIVE X-FI EXTREME MUSIC DOEST NOT OFFER U THE CHOICE OF CHOOSING 5.1 OR 7.1 AS SOON AS U PLUG THE LOGITECH X-530 SURROUND SPEAKER SYSTEM
WELL TRY THIS BECAUSE I'VE FIND IT AFTER A COUPLE OF HOURS OF TRYING...

-Right click on the speaker icon in the right task bar just beside the date and hours then click on listening hardware...

-Then u should see SPearker and SPDIF OUT

- RIght click on the speaker button and click configure speaker and then u should
be able as me to click 5.1 and 7.1 and fully listen to the beauty of surround...

that is a bug of windows 7 and creative hardware i think because my old system recognize it but not with the logitech system

i hope that will do for u as me...
im going to play game surround helllllllllll yeahhhhhh!!!
Lafcam the homemade bug fixer

Answer
+8
moins plus
problem solved! For about 9 months, i thought turning ON the matrix mode gave me surround sound... A simple fix...

jtor- Apr 8, 2010 09:25PM
how do you you bring up this matrix thing
Zack- Apr 14, 2010 05:34PM
how do you open the settings to get to matrix and all that.... and how do i get all 5 speakers if i have XP?
derp- May 2, 2010 03:17AM
The 'matrix mode' is a button on Logitech surround sound speakers that simulates surround sound from stereo sources. This is a hardware feature, not a software feature.
cooldude_monk- Jul 25, 2010 12:09PM
matrix mode is waste of time couse u dun get the original dolby and dts effects there is no use of buying a 5.1 channel home theatre if u r turning on matrix mode!! u will miss many special effect sounds played from the original dolby digital,dts discs
stephens75- Aug 6, 2010 07:51PM
wow........I had this problem....total face palm moment...
Answer
+6
moins plus
I had the same problem as many here.

I managed to fix my problem by installing the Realtek HD Audio manager and enabling the speaker fill option and setting the front left and right as well as rear left and right to full range speakers. Then I boosted the gain on the rear speakers cos they were a little quiet and it's all good now.

gc24- Dec 6, 2008 10:26AM
I have a similiar problem. I had Altec Surround Sound speakers and thought that the speakers were no good so I bought Logitech Z-5500 surround sound speakers. The problem is still the same. I don't get the center speaker, and the left and right play out the front and left together. I have swapped connections around on the sound card, uninstalled and reinstalled, changed settings, nothing seems to work. A computer guy says it may be the sound card which is a Creative Audigy SB, any ideas?
kammanderX88- Aug 8, 2009 04:24AM
HI Voyd

Just want to say a big thank you for all your help. Pervious to your quick post about realtek audio manager I had spent nearly 5 hrs looking for the answer. You made my day!

Thanks
Kammander
Answer
+3
moins plus
at the moment I have some wierd issues with my Logitech 5.1 speakers (some x-540 I think it is) alone with my Sound Blaster Audigy (maybe SE).

when connecting in 2.1 mode and testing, left front&right play as they should, so does right back, but right front and subwoofer seems to be swapped.

and when connecting in 5.1 it seems to be the same... my subwoofer says Right front...

and actually when connecting in 2.1 the sides seems to be switched... but thats just fixed through swapping the audio connections at the little connector (3port mini-jacks and 2port audio)

oh well, gonna try reinstalling software and see what happens

SUCHAKRADHAR PROBLEM SOLVED- Apr 17, 2009 02:06PM
GUYS JUST RIGHT CLICK ON THE VOLUME CONTROL, CLICK ON EAX SETTINGS, THEN GO TO CMSS 3D TAB CLICK ON ENABLE CMSS 3D SURROUND TAB AND THEN BELOW CLICK STEREO SURROUND, AND ALL THE 5 SPEAKERS WILL WORK OR 7 SPEAKERS.

APPLICABLE FOR CREATIVE SOUND BLASTER AUDIGY.......

- SUCHAKRADHAR
mesamagic- May 22, 2009 08:20AM
Thanks ! Your method works wonderfully on X-Fi platinum card too...
mesamagic SUCHAKRADHAR PROBLEM SOLVED - May 22, 2009 08:30AM
To SUCHAKRADHAR

In my previous post, I said about SUCHAKRADHAR's method that works on my Creative Soundblaster X-Fi platinum sound card running Windows 7 RC 7100, now ALL 5 speakers ( plus Sub, of course ) are working, problem solved ! Thanks again for a good tip.
Answer
+2
moins plus
Well, i just bought the sound card, and it is compatible with Vista... I made sure of that before i bought it
the best configs right now are 2.1, but i have a 7.1 channel sound card and 5.1 speakers, i just want to make a full use out of them...

CA- Apr 17, 2009 01:40PM
Just enable EAX in the audio settings and select sterio , all the speakers will be played
matt- Aug 18, 2010 06:44AM
EAX what is that
Answer
+2
moins plus
Try un-muting your PCM and/or your headphones in the mixer.

Answer
+2
moins plus
(NON Official Solution)

Creative Audigy driver + Programs for Vista/Vista x64:

ftp://digiex.net/Drivers/Creative/SBAX_PCDVT_LB_2_15_0004EQ.exe (67MB)

- Creative Audio Console
- Creative EAX Settings
- Creative Graphic Equalizer
- Creative Speaker Settings (BASS REDIRECTION!)
- SoundFont Bank Manager
- Windows Vista MIDI Device Configuration Utility
- MediaSource DVD-Audio Player (not working on x64)

gc24- Dec 12, 2008 04:42PM
Great, thanks. I have Windows XP.
Answer
+2
moins plus
Hi guys look at here 5.1 doesnt works in any mp3 files

IF U WANT ALL THE SPEAKER (center also) U HAVE TO USE THE ORGINAL DVD FILE
that is orginal dvd disk like dolby movies (speed, James Bond) like this movies u have to use the orginal dvd disk.

Then only the 5.1 shows its Orginal Working

Answer
+1
moins plus
Hello, perhaps you have a problem with the driver compability best thing is to inform yourself about you hardware device.

And also perhaps best configuration will be for your using 2.1.

Answer
+0
moins plus
I'm having the same problem, except it's not the Matrix that is to blame. Speakers: Logitech X-540. Card: Sound Blaster Audigy SE. I used to only be able to get the center, but right now I have the two front speakers. The Creative tools I have don't seem to like the 5.1 setting. Whenever I choose it, it never tests for rear, center, or the sub. My card's driver is up-to-date, and I'm on Windows XP Pro. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Matt- Sep 1, 2008 09:49PM
I am having the exact same problem. I've tried reinstalling hardware and software, no luck.
ShottyOtty- Dec 13, 2009 02:26PM
I'm having the exact same problem but i'm on windows vista and i've tried just about everything aside from buying a new f n sound system...or computer all together ^$%#&&^%*%$*%$
2452- Jan 23, 2010 07:39PM
same happened to me could only get 2 speakers workin in media player. i installed winamp and they all work, even in media player now
Answer
+0
moins plus
same problem i faced what can i do plz tell me @ Email Id removed for security

This document entitled « 5.1 Surround Speakers Not working » from Kioskea (en.kioskea.net) is made available under the Creative Commons license. You can copy, modify copies of this page, under the conditions stipulated by the license, as this note appears clearly.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.