The iTunes application could not be opened

Solved/Closed
Daylight 4449 - Jul 11, 2009 at 05:15 PM
 Angel - Apr 26, 2013 at 07:38 AM
Hello,

I am unable to open iTunes. A pop up window reads: The iTunes application could not be opened. The required folder cannot be found. I have tried the press and hold shift key and launch method to no avail.

Any takers?

Daylight 4449
Related:

6 responses

I looked all over the web to fix my problem to no success, until I found this info and then it was easy. Hope it helps whoever else has this problem:
Press and hold on the shift key then run the Itunes , the menu will ask you to create new library , follow this , it will sort it out your problem.
omg dude thank u so much ur method worked ur a life saver
click to open first but instantaniously hold the shift button..but word thanks it did work
i am having the same problem but running as admin and/or using shift key does not work.. very frustrating.. if anyone has any new suggestions pls email me at losingcontrol13@gmail.com
will it delete your songs?
Thank you that worked a beaut
I just went to program files(x86)> itunes> right click on itunes.exe and select "run as administrator" and it worked!
vwvt, I want to try your solution but I can't even figure out how to get to program files(86)>itunes>.
Thankyou so much this really did work.
You saved my life ;).
x
this helped me..thanks!
This worked - I went to the iTunes directory and did right-click and Run As .... Current User but took off the check box to Protect my computer. It had to spend some time rebuilding my library, but this worked great !!!!
where can I find the program files?
Once again a perfectly simple solution to the problem. Thank you very much!
That did work - Right click on the ITunes Icon and run as Administrator! Thanks all for the info!! :)

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
I am experiencing the same situation.

What happened?

How to resolved it?
Dissertation help
Aug 24, 2010 at 08:16 AM
Well... round about every blog posts online don't have much originality as I found on yours.. Just keep updating much useful information so that reader like me would come back over and over again.