Find a string in Excel and remove all cells

Solved/Closed
davidarth Posts 2 Registration date Thursday July 2, 2009 Status Member Last seen July 3, 2009 - Jul 3, 2009 at 04:24 AM
 Ex-Q?? - Feb 25, 2010 at 10:50 AM
Hello,
I need to find a string (for example: abc) in a large worksheet then remove all cells containing this string. I have tried different functions but didn't work. Can anyone help me? Thanks.
David
Related:

2 responses

mubashir aziz Posts 190 Registration date Sunday April 12, 2009 Status Member Last seen February 16, 2010 165
Jul 3, 2009 at 04:51 AM
you can select all columns in work sheet then press Ctrl+H to replace and then in Find What bar write abc and in replace with bar write nothing and press ok all abc will be vanished from the work sheet ....

It depends that are you talking that entire cells have this name like A1=apple , B5=apple then above command will easily blank the cells ....

But it you are talking that text any where in the cells then there will be need of a macro like you want to say cell contain an apple , good apple then you want whole cell to be blank then this command will not work as per your needs .... more over this command will replace all apple even if there are applet then it will remove apple and only t will be remaining .....

It totally depends on you needs .... please be more specific to define your problem .....

davidarth Posts 2 Registration date Thursday July 2, 2009 Status Member Last seen July 3, 2009
Jul 3, 2009 at 05:13 AM
Thanks. I want to find a string in all characters of a cell and all cells like this. Your solution is not for me but thanks. I have worked it out using FIND("abc",A1).
you can do a Search eg Search({"Your text"},Cell,start posn)

Hope it helps