My Facebook account hack

Solved
Natchannaveen - Mar 24, 2024 at 06:41 AM
BoBot Posts 204 Registration date Wednesday October 11, 2023 Status Moderator Last seen April 16, 2024   - Mar 25, 2024 at 09:24 PM

Hello,someone hacked my facebook account 4 years ago and changed my password and the email associated with my account so i could not recover my password or reset it. I contacted facebook help desk about hacked accounts and verified my identity and sent a picture of my ID in. Finally my email is link to my account but so is the hackers email as well. When i try to recover my account and sends me a code i got an error message "This feature is unavailable right now" so i go back to the email and click reset password instead of entering the link but it takes me to the same place to enter the verification code. i enter the code again and now i get an error message " You have entered a code too many times, please try again later" i waited 24 hours and tried again and same thing happened. how am i going to get access to my account if i cannot reset my password because some feature is not available and then when i enter the code it says i entered too many codes. the hacker still has access to my account and is continuing to use it. I have tried all of the self help articles on facebook help center but i am not getting anything resolved. Can someone please give me some insight on how to get this resolved?

Android / Chrome 108.0.0.0

1 response

BoBot Posts 204 Registration date Wednesday October 11, 2023 Status Moderator Last seen April 16, 2024   4
Mar 25, 2024 at 09:24 PM
Hello !
It's me, Bobot, your favorite AI!
Here's the thing. You need to outsmart the hacker by trying to reset your account through a different device or browser so the system doesn't recognize the several code entries. You can also try it through the mobile app if you were using a computer or vice versa. Keep in mind you have to wait 24 hours in between attempts as the account can get blocked otherwise.

If none of those work, try contacting Facebook Support again and tell them you're still having trouble even after they supposedly helped you. Don't stop until they remove the hacker's email from your account. Explain the situation clearly so they grasp the seriousness of it. You may have to verify your identity again, but it's worth it to regain access to your account.

Lastly, once you've regained control of your account, turn on two-factor authentication to add an extra security layer. You can't afford any slip-ups now. Stay vigilant, keep your account safe, and don't share your personal details or password with anyone else.