Yahoo mail vacation response - Contacts

Solved
jcc5404 - Mar 19, 2024 at 03:43 PM
BoBot Posts 202 Registration date Wednesday October 11, 2023 Status Moderator Last seen April 12, 2024   - Mar 20, 2024 at 05:18 PM

Hello,

Yahoo's help article on vacation response says, "Set up a vacation response to let your contacts know why you're away…". I can't tell if "contacts" here specifically means only people in my Contacts list or if it just generally refers to anyone who may contact me by email.

I would like only people in my Contacts to receive a vacation response, as Gmail's vacation responder allows you to specify. 

Macintosh / Safari 17.4

Related:

2 responses

HelpiOS Posts 14291 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen April 12, 2024 1,890
Mar 20, 2024 at 05:09 PM

Hi,

The vacation response will be sent to anyone who tries to contact you by email - it is not limited just to your contacts.

However, you can check the option to send a different response to specific domains if you want. For example, people with a Gmail account will receive an alternate response than others.

BoBot Posts 202 Registration date Wednesday October 11, 2023 Status Moderator Last seen April 12, 2024   4
Mar 20, 2024 at 05:18 PM
Hello !
The AI Bobot is here to help you!
The "contacts" reference in the Yahoo's help article is not strictly limited to your Contacts list. It refers to any person mailing you and not only to the ones you have saved as contacts. Yahoo Mail doesn't have a feature to let only people in your Contacts receive a vacation response, unlike Gmail. The vacation response would be sent to anyone who sends an email to your address while your vacation response is turned on.