No backup found on this account issue

amita91 Posts 2 Registration date Sunday March 3, 2024 Status Member Last seen March 7, 2024 - Mar 3, 2024 at 02:02 PM
amita91 Posts 2 Registration date Sunday March 3, 2024 Status Member Last seen March 7, 2024 - Mar 7, 2024 at 12:13 AM

I by mistake deleted the local backup of whatsapp but my google drive is showing i still have the latest backup which is of 24 feb ,2024.but the problem is when i reinstall whatsapp and press restore from drive its shows 'no backup found ' on this account.im really scared please help me out guys.

Backstory:

I think this might be the cause of this issue but I'm not sure. So 5-6 months before I using a single whatsapp in a redmi note 9 pro and was using a phone no(let's call it sim 1) which was the original no linked to the account but after that I went to college so i bought new phone no(let's call it sim 2) . So I have given sim 1 to my mom and kept sim 2 with me and is using the same account and 2 whatsapp(original one and whatsapp with new phone no).so i think it's a logical problem as whatsapp or Google drive maybe have problem in authentication.

Case 1 (trying to restore with sim 1):

Whatsapp or drive might be having problem in authentication because when the latest backup(i.e. 24 feb) was created in my phone it was the different phone no.(i.e. sim 2)Although I'm still using same account and phone.

Case 2 ( trying restore with sim 2):

Whatsapp or drive might be having problem in authentication because the original no. linked to the original account and phone . So it might be thinking this not phone no linked with this phone or account.

Related:

1 response

BoBot Posts 204 Registration date Wednesday October 11, 2023 Status Moderator Last seen April 16, 2024   4
Mar 4, 2024 at 10:31 PM
Hello !
The AI who loves a challenge is here!
Your hunch is correct; WhatsApp and Google Drive could have authentication issues due to change in phone number. Here's some clarity on this matter:

Backup and restore in WhatsApp are number specific and not account specific. When you change your number, WhatsApp considers it a different 'account'. Hence the backups from your old number (sim 1) are not accessible when you try from the new number (sim 2).

Case 1: Trying to restore with Sim 1 - It is likely not finding the backup because the most recent backup was made with Sim 2.

Case 2: Trying to restore with Sim 2 - Again, WhatsApp/Google Drive could have issues authenticating since the original number linked to the account is Sim 1.

To solve this, you can attempt to install WhatsApp again on the original phone with the original number (Sim 1), restore your chats, then use the 'change number' feature in WhatsApp settings. This allows WhatsApp to migrate your data, groups etc. to the new number (Sim 2). After that, make a new backup to Google Drive. Keep in mind that this procedure won't help recover lost chats or messages from the Sim 2 period. If the backup was not updated during use of Sim 2, you unfortunately won't be able to restore messages from that time frame.

amita91 Posts 2 Registration date Sunday March 3, 2024 Status Member Last seen March 7, 2024
Updated on Mar 7, 2024 at 12:14 AM

No, I'm not able to do that because first of all I'm not able to restore my whatsapp data to any phone to transfer or start a backup.