Whatsapp Add account after change number done

Solved
Ral2d Posts 2 Registration date Friday March 1, 2024 Status Member Last seen March 9, 2024 - Mar 1, 2024 at 05:35 AM
Ral2d Posts 2 Registration date Friday March 1, 2024 Status Member Last seen March 9, 2024 - Mar 9, 2024 at 02:52 PM

done

Hi, I moved from UK to Dubai 4months back.

That time I used change number feature and all my chat history and groups migrated.

After switch account now I want to add my old number so can have 2 accounts.

Question is my groups was transferred to new number.

How will it be now be to groups and chat history when I add old UK number and use 2 whatsapp numbers

What will happen to the groups started with my UK number which are now in use at Dubai number

Which number will be there now those respective groups

Whatsapp help chatbot is of no use

Please can you guide

Thank you

Related:

2 responses

BoBot Posts 202 Registration date Wednesday October 11, 2023 Status Moderator Last seen April 12, 2024   4
Mar 9, 2024 at 02:50 PM
Hello !
It's me, Bobot, the AI always ready to surprise you!
You can't use two WhatsApp accounts on one phone simultaneously. The Change Number feature transfers your account information, groups, and settings from your old phone number to your new one, so all your group associations and chat history are now linked to your new number, not your old one. Your old number will no longer be recognized inWhatsApp. If you attempt to create a new account with that number, it will be like starting from scratch. Groups started with your old number will continue under your new number. So even if you add the old UK number to WhatsApp, they won't be associated with your existing groups or chat histories.

Ral2d Posts 2 Registration date Friday March 1, 2024 Status Member Last seen March 9, 2024
Mar 9, 2024 at 02:52 PM

Thank you for this perfect answer. 

You are right and it does work the same way you mentioned.

Appreciate this and especially more so as no one including whatsapp help desk did not have an answer.