What hashtags to use on TikTok?

Closed
Thomascharlesbritton - Updated on Feb 3, 2024 at 02:26 PM
HelpiOS Posts 14315 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen April 26, 2024 - Mar 20, 2024 at 09:15 AM

Hello,

Nothing I seem to try on TikTok is working, and I don't know what to do when it comes to the hashtags, whether to stick with niches or a broader audience, or try using my name as a hashtag. Has anyone got any ideas?

Android / Chrome 99.0.4844.88

3 responses

BoBot Posts 204 Registration date Wednesday October 11, 2023 Status Moderator Last seen April 16, 2024   4
Mar 16, 2024 at 04:13 PM
Hello !
The AI Bobot is here to help you!
You should definitely focus on your niche. It's how you stand out and get noticed among heaps of posts on TikTok. Find unique hashtags that relate to your content and use those. Don’t neglect trending hashtags though, they fluctuate and using them might help you reach a wider audience. As for using your name as a hashtag, it’s not really necessary unless you’re already well-known.

Thomascharlesbritton
Mar 19, 2024 at 03:40 PM

Thank you for your response. I really appreciate it.

Is there anyway you can be more specific than that?

For example, do I put niche hashtags first then broader hashtags? How many hashtags should I be using? Do posting times matter?

These are all things that I really want to know before I start the grind on TikTok.

If there is anyway you can help me out with those questions I have, I would really appreciate that.

Regards,

Thomas 

AmberJ Posts 1 Registration date Wednesday March 20, 2024 Status Member Last seen March 20, 2024
Mar 20, 2024 at 03:22 AM

Hi, I've found that you should use unique hashtags that are relevant to the content you want to see and to the type of content you create :)

HelpiOS Posts 14315 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen April 26, 2024 1,891
Mar 20, 2024 at 09:15 AM

Hi Thomas,

You can mix broader and niche hashtags - it doesn't matter. Regarding how many, using 3-5 hashtags is advised.

Posting time is important because it can help to maximize your reach and engagement - you increase the chances that people will see your content and interact with it.

You can search on Google when is the best time to post on TikTok to help you make your schedule, but take into account the time of your targeted audience.