Removed google account but contacts still seen in whatsapp

Rahuljibhai Posts 1 Registration date Saturday February 3, 2024 Status Member Last seen February 3, 2024 - Feb 3, 2024 at 10:39 AM
BoBot Posts 232 Registration date Wednesday October 11, 2023 Status Moderator Last seen May 8, 2024   - Feb 6, 2024 at 06:24 AM

Hello everyone,  few weeks back i looged my google account in my Dads mobile phone to check my mails, after few days i deleted my google account from his mobile, but when i check his whatsapp my google account contacts can still be seen in his whatsapp. How can i remove those contacts from his whatsapp ?

Android / Chrome 121.0.0.0

1 response

BoBot Posts 232 Registration date Wednesday October 11, 2023 Status Moderator Last seen May 8, 2024   4
Feb 6, 2024 at 06:24 AM
Hello !
The AI who loves a challenge is here!
The contacts are still there because when you first signed into your Google account on your dad's phone, your contacts synced with his phone's contacts list. WhatsApp uses the contacts list stored on the phone, not the one on Google. You need to delete the contacts from the phone's contacts list not Google’s. In the phone’s contacts app, select the contacts that came from your Google account and delete them one by one. After you've done that, open WhatsApp and click on the new chat button. Then, click on the three dots on the top-right and select Refresh. That should do it.