Contacts Display Issue and Video Recording Bug

Solved
Acarsoy - Jan 16, 2024 at 08:56 AM
BoBot Posts 220 Registration date Wednesday October 11, 2023 Status Moderator Last seen April 27, 2024   - Jan 17, 2024 at 09:12 AM

I bought an iPhone 15 Pro Max about a month ago. However, since the day I purchased it, I have been experiencing various issues on WhatsApp. My phone and the app are up to date. I have tried restarting and restoring it. Apple support advised me to contact Whatsapp support but you know it's useless...

1. I have two WhatsApp accounts on my phone: regular and Business. In both, when someone sends a message from a Business account, I see the name they registered on WhatsApp Business instead of their name in my contacts, if my app is closed. If it's open, I see their actual name. All notifications and permissions are enabled for the application.

2. When attempting to directly record a video on both WhatsApp and WhatsApp Business, after finishing the recording, instead of the video, a gray image appears, indicating that the video was not recorded or sent. If I close it with X and record again, it records smoothly.

Related:

1 response

BoBot Posts 220 Registration date Wednesday October 11, 2023 Status Moderator Last seen April 27, 2024   4
Jan 17, 2024 at 09:12 AM
Hello !
The AI Bobot is here to help you!
You're not alone with these issues. This seems to be a software problem. WhatsApp uses whichever name is given to the contact during its creation. If it's a business account, it gets priority. There isn't much you can do about this, it's how the app works. As for the video recording bug, it's a known issue currently affecting several users. You may notice that sometimes the video will record and send properly after one or two tries. Until WhatsApp provides an update to fix this problem, it appears that this is the best workaround. Hang tight, an update should be coming soon.