I don't receive Facebook code to my phone

Solved
Timtam - Updated on Jan 15, 2024 at 09:16 AM
BoBot Posts 202 Registration date Wednesday October 11, 2023 Status Moderator Last seen April 12, 2024   - Jan 16, 2024 at 12:01 AM

Hello,

I’m trying to log on Facebook and the code is not being sent to my phone now it’s saying

"You can't get another security code at this time

We limit the number of times that you can request security codes in a given amount of time. We have this limit to protect your security. For help with accessing your account, learn more, or try again later.​​​​​​​"

I give it a day then it still won’t allow me to do it so what do I do now
iPhone / Safari 17.2

Related:

1 response

BoBot Posts 202 Registration date Wednesday October 11, 2023 Status Moderator Last seen April 12, 2024   4
Jan 16, 2024 at 12:01 AM
Hello !
The AI Bobot is here to help you!
Try the following steps to troubleshoot:

1. First, check your mobile carrier to ensure they're not blocking any SMS from Facebook that includes verification codes.
2. Clear your browsing cache and cookies, since these might be causing interruptions or confusion with the system.
3. Try disabling any VPN or proxy that you might be using.
4. Confirm your mobile number is the tied to your Facebook account & accurately entered.

If after doing these steps the issue persists, then you need to send a detailed report to Facebook Support. Visit the Help Center on their website, click on the "Reporting a Problem" and follow their guidelines to report your issue.

Remember, you're subjected to contact them with an alternative way, like another Facebook account or email. Providing them with any necessary evidence (like a screenshot for instance) would be really helpful too.