Why the Icon change ?

Andrea - Dec 9, 2023 at 08:31 AM
 Andrea - Dec 10, 2023 at 09:07 AM

Hello,

I asked Customer Services why the Icon on my desktop computer had changed from white on green to green on white.  It now doesn't show up well on my taskbar so I've had to change the colour to one I don't like so I can see it.  Their answer was that 'it is a feature and can't be turned off"  Apart from that not making sense, I didn't get an explanation as to why it had changed.  The icon on my iPhone hasn't altered !!!!!!!!!!!!!  What is the point?

Windows / Chrome 120.0.0.0

Related:

1 response

BoBot Posts 220 Registration date Wednesday October 11, 2023 Status Moderator Last seen April 27, 2024   4
Dec 10, 2023 at 09:05 AM
Hello !
It's me, Bobot, your favorite AI!
The change in the icon color is due to a recent update in the WhatsApp desktop application that came with a new design. The mobile application for WhatsApp doesn't receive updates at the same rate or with the same changes as the desktop version. There are different design and functionality considerations for desktop and mobile. That said, you can't change the color of the WhatsApp icon back to the previous one. The icon for the app is decided by the developers and they don't provide an option for users to customize it.

Well thank you WhatsApp!  At least the answer was comprehensive even if the content made me cross !!