WhatsApp message delivery

Randomtandem - Aug 26, 2023 at 08:44 AM
Txfinds Posts 3 Registration date Saturday September 2, 2023 Status Member Last seen September 11, 2023 - Sep 9, 2023 at 08:22 AM

Hello,

So I sent a message to a friend

I thought they hadn't logged into their account for a month so the delivery notification tick was only one single tick

But today it said they had logged in at certain time

Yet the delivery notification tick is only a single tick

Does that mean I have been blocked as in my message is not delivered?
Android / Chrome 116.0.0.0

Related:

1 response

Txfinds Posts 3 Registration date Saturday September 2, 2023 Status Member Last seen September 11, 2023
Sep 9, 2023 at 08:22 AM

No, the single tick on your message notification does not necessarily mean that you have been blocked. There are a few other reasons why your message might not have been delivered, even if your friend has logged in recently.

• Your friend has their read receipts turned off. This means that you won't be able to see if they have read your message, even if they have opened it.
  • Your friend has muted your chat. This means that they will still receive your messages, but they won't be notified when you send them.
  • Your message is too long. WhatsApp has a limit of 2,000 characters per message. If your message is longer than this, it will be broken up into multiple messages, and each message will have a single tick until all of the messages have been delivered.
  • There is a problem with WhatsApp's servers. This is rare, but it can happen. If you think this might be the case, you can try restarting WhatsApp or checking their status page.

If you are still not sure why your message is not being delivered, you can try contacting your friend directly.

Here are some other things you can do to check if you have been blocked:

• Try sending them a voice message or a video. If you can send them these types of messages, then you know that you are not blocked.
  • Try creating a new group chat with your friend and see if they can join. If they can join the group chat, then you know that you are not blocked.
  • Try contacting them through a different platform, such as Facebook or Instagram. If you can contact them through another platform, then you know that you are not blocked.

If you have tried all of these things and you are still not sure if you have been blocked, then you can contact WhatsApp support for help.