Instagram isn't letting me confirm my identity

Delta - Aug 4, 2023 at 08:14 AM
Wali592 Posts 2 Registration date Monday September 4, 2023 Status Member Last seen September 8, 2023 - Sep 4, 2023 at 10:09 AM

Hello,

I must have followed too many people at once and now Instagram has restricted what I can do with my account. They recently added an option in the Account Status though that allows you to confirm your identity by having a code sent to your email. I've done this once before and it worked fine.

Now when I go on "Confirm that it's you" though, it's not opening the window where I put my email address but it just sends me back as if I was pushing the back button instead.

I already tried reinstalling the app or see if I can make it work on desktop but it's not working. As usual, Instagram isn't reacting to support requests either.

Has anyone else had the problem and got it to work somehow?
iPhone / Safari 16.6

Related:

1 response

Wali592 Posts 2 Registration date Monday September 4, 2023 Status Member Last seen September 8, 2023
Sep 4, 2023 at 10:09 AM

Don't worry your account will be unrestricted after some days. Insta mostly restricted accounts when we follow a lot of people at the same or like a lot of posts. The algorithm takes it as a spammy activity. So make sure you use your account wisely and wait for some days it'll be unrestricted soon.