Should I delete my TikTok account and start over?

Closed
Frznrth Posts 4 Registration date Monday February 27, 2023 Status Member Last seen March 26, 2023 - Mar 24, 2023 at 04:54 PM
najaf123 Posts 1 Registration date Thursday April 6, 2023 Status Member Last seen April 6, 2023 - Apr 6, 2023 at 07:43 AM

Hi

I’ve had an account for about a month.  I have just over 1000 followers and 43 videos.  None have more than a few hundred views, lots of the fist ones have very few.  
My first videos weren’t very engaging  - too long, “slow” etc.  The more recent ones seem to do a bit better.  

I do travel videos with the hopes of building a big enough audience to do affiliate links.  

Should I keep plodding along or would I be better off starting over?  If I should try again could I create another account with the same purpose or do I need to delete the old one?

Thanks for the help  

www.tiktok.com/@my_travel_list

iPhone / Safari 16.3

5 responses

HelpiOS Posts 14306 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen April 18, 2024 1,891
Mar 24, 2023 at 05:53 PM

Hi,

If your recent videos are slightly more engaging, you can try continuing to use your current account to build your audience. However, I've noticed that your videos look rotated - they appear horizontally. You should take your videos directly in vertical so they'll appear correctly once you publish them on TikTok.

For the videos that are already published, you can rotate them in vertical with the TikTok editor so that they'll appear in the correct orientation, or you can use a video editor to convert them from landscape to portrait, then republish them. Short videos perform also better on the platform.

Frznrth Posts 4 Registration date Monday February 27, 2023 Status Member Last seen March 26, 2023
Mar 24, 2023 at 09:54 PM

Thanks for the reply.  As long as there isn’t a downside I think I’ll try adding an account and posting a few hopefully more engaging short videos to see what happens. 

I know that some TikTok videos have a “full screen” option. I haven’t figured out how to do this yet.  But I’ll work on it.   I know my horizontal videos aren’t the norm but I was wondering if that might make them stand out a bit in a good way??  I’d also hate to cut the panoramic view down to the vertical format - hopefully horizontal shows people how beautiful a place is.  

No matter how it goes it is fun posting to see what happens.  

Thanks for the time. 

HelpiOS Posts 14306 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen April 18, 2024 1,891
Mar 25, 2023 at 05:53 PM

I think you should give a try to YouTube. It seems to be a better platform for your content. You can publish short videos in portrait on TikTok, and post the full videos in landscape on YouTube.

Posting your videos in landscape on TikTok isn't bad, but unfortunately, this degrades the user experience. They need to rotate their devices to watch your videos, which is problematic on desktop...

Frznrth Posts 4 Registration date Monday February 27, 2023 Status Member Last seen March 26, 2023
Mar 26, 2023 at 11:07 AM

Maybe.  I’ve never posted anything on YouTube but I get the impression that it’s harder to get views there.  
The videos I use are Creative Commons ones from YouTube. Most have hardly any views.  

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
najaf123 Posts 1 Registration date Thursday April 6, 2023 Status Member Last seen April 6, 2023
Apr 6, 2023 at 07:43 AM

Hello Farznth,

Congratulations on your 1000 followers and 43 videos on TikTok! It's great that you are creating travel videos and have a goal of building a big enough audience to do affiliate links. Here are some suggestions to improve your TikTok presence:

1. Keep creating engaging content: It sounds like you've already recognized that your earlier videos weren't as engaging as they could be. Keep experimenting with different types of content, lengths, and formats to see what works best for your audience. Try to capture their attention in the first few seconds and make your videos visually appealing and interesting.

2. Engage with your audience: Respond to comments on your videos, ask for feedback, and engage with other users on the app. This can help build a community around your content and encourage more people to follow and share your videos.

3. Use relevant hashtags: Hashtags can help your videos get discovered by a wider audience. Use relevant hashtags that relate to your content and niche to increase visibility.

4. Collaborate with other creators: Collaborating with other TikTok creators can help you reach new audiences and gain followers. Look for other creators in your niche and reach out to them to collaborate on a video or challenge.

5. Don't start over: It's generally not recommended to start over with a new account unless you've been banned or violated TikTok's policies. Starting from scratch can be difficult and time-consuming, especially if you've already built a following. Instead, focus on improving your current content and growing your audience.

Remember, building a following on TikTok takes time and effort. Don't get discouraged if your videos aren't getting as many views as you'd like right away. Keep creating quality content and engaging with your audience, and you may see growth over time.

Regards 

Najaf