Openvpn configuration like Automatic proxy configuration URL

Closed
Demid - Updated on Mar 5, 2023 at 09:27 AM
Zulqarnain-Jabbar Posts 4 Registration date Sunday March 5, 2023 Status Member Last seen March 5, 2023 - Mar 5, 2023 at 11:20 AM

Hello,

I have the server A. I connect to private virtual network via openconnect(protocol=anyconnect) on the server A.

On the server A I have an openvpn server. Also on the server A I have proxy server.

I'd like to connect to server A from my machine and get access to all resources from private network.

When I connect to server A via "Automatic proxy configuration URL" I can access to all private resources. But some utilitise like psql and etc of course does not work.

Can you suggest me how can I tune my openvpn connection for getting access to private resources from my machine for all available utilities? My operation system is Ubuntu.

Linux / Firefox 110.0

1 response

Zulqarnain-Jabbar Posts 4 Registration date Sunday March 5, 2023 Status Member Last seen March 5, 2023
Mar 5, 2023 at 11:20 AM

Hello,

It sounds like you have a complex setup with multiple layers of security and connectivity. To access all the private resources on your virtual network and use utilities like psql, you need to make sure that your OpenVPN connection is properly configured to allow access to the necessary resources.

Here are some steps you can take to configure your OpenVPN connection on Ubuntu:

1. Install the OpenVPN client: Use your package manager to install the OpenVPN client on your Ubuntu machine.

2. Obtain the OpenVPN configuration files: You need to obtain the OpenVPN configuration files for your server A. These files typically include the server IP address, port number, and authentication credentials.

3. Connect to the OpenVPN server: Use the OpenVPN client to connect to the OpenVPN server by providing the path to the configuration file and your authentication credentials.

4. Configure routing: Once you are connected to the OpenVPN server, you need to configure routing to allow access to the private network resources. You can do this by adding a route to the private network via the OpenVPN connection. For example, if your private network uses the 10.0.0.0/24 IP range, you can add the following route:

sudo ip route add 10.0.0.0/24 via <OpenVPN_IP_address> dev tun0

Replace <OpenVPN_IP_address> with the IP address assigned to your OpenVPN connection.

1. Test connectivity: Once you have configured routing, you should be able to access the private network resources from your Ubuntu machine. You can test connectivity by using utilities like ping or telnet to connect to specific IP addresses and ports.

I hope this helps you configure your OpenVPN connection on Ubuntu to access all private network resources and utilities. Good luck!