Cannot access my yahoo.com email

Closed
MelonC - Updated on Dec 11, 2022 at 12:51 AM
HelpiOS Posts 14336 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen May 19, 2024 - Dec 13, 2022 at 06:49 AM

Hi all,

Long story short: My recovery email belongs to yahoo.cn. Although I still have perfect access to my recovery email, yahoo stopped the yahoo.cn service earlier in February this year, and I somehow missed that notice. So the problem becomes that the verification code cannot arrive in my recovery email (although I can still log in to that email)… I know this is such a desperate and possibly helpless situation, but I just want to give it a try here and see if there’s any chance that I’d be able to receive my recovery code. I really need to gain access to my yahoo.com email.

I appreciate any answers, thanks in advance!!
iPhone / Safari 16.1

1 response

HelpiOS Posts 14336 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen May 19, 2024 1,885
Dec 13, 2022 at 06:49 AM

Hi,

Try sending an email to your yahoo.cn address to see whether it can still receive new emails or not. Do a test by sending an email directly to yourself from that account, then using another email account.

If you will get a mail delivery failure notice after a few minutes, it confirm that your account can no longer receive emails, unfortunately.

In case your account can receive emails, try adding no-reply@cc.yahoo-inc.com to your contacts to be sure that you will receive the security code to recover your account.

For the steps to recover a Yahoo account, see this article.

Good luck