Can't Sign In

Closed
BRKR51 - Updated on Sep 14, 2022 at 06:28 AM
HelpiOS Posts 14336 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen May 19, 2024 - Sep 16, 2022 at 07:48 AM

Hello,

When trying to sign in to Yahoo Mail ( https://login.yahoo.com ) via browsers (Chrome and Edge) on a Windows PC, I am thwarted as it tells me that a code has been sent to my email address. Obviously I can't access the code as I am trying to sign into my email address! Any thoughts are greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Windows / Firefox 104.0

Related:

1 response

HelpiOS Posts 14336 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen May 19, 2024 1,885
Sep 16, 2022 at 07:48 AM

Hi,

When you set your recovery options, you made a mistake by entering your Yahoo account as your recovery email address, instead of entering a different one. That's why Yahoo has sent you a security code to the account you're trying to access.

There are some solutions that you can try to recover your account. Check out this article to see the different recovery methods available for a Yahoo account. Unfortunately, if you don't have access to an alternate recovery option (phone number), account recovery may be impossible. The last solution if you know your password, is to try logging in from a familiar browser, device and location.

Good luck.