Facebook: Error occurred when sending verification email

Closed
mparoni3 Posts 2 Registration date Friday July 22, 2022 Status Member Last seen July 24, 2022 - Jul 22, 2022 at 06:02 PM
 guest - Nov 21, 2022 at 12:43 AM

I haven't logged into FB for a long time.  I've since built a new PC and decided to try to log in.  I reached the "You're trying to login from a device you haven't used before" screen. I don't have access to the phone number anymore, and I never set up 3 trusted friends (didn't know that was a thing until a few min ago), but I was able to resurrect the email. I tested that email to make sure it could receive, then tried to send the verification email, but I get an error. I tried to log in from an older phone I used to use, and it had my username still saved in it, but FB didn't recognize that anymore either.  I've tried sending the verif email from different browsers on my PC after clearing cache; tried sending from both android and apple devices, both in browsers and from the app, but I receive the same error each time. I checked the spam and other folders to make sure I wasn't missing it.

Has anybody had this same error? I can't get into FB at all anymore.

3 responses

HelpiOS Posts 14333 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen May 13, 2024 1,884
Jul 24, 2022 at 06:07 PM

Hi,

What happens if you click Confirm identity another way? Here's also a form to report to Facebook that you're having trouble with the confirmation email - it may help.

Good luck

mparoni3 Posts 2 Registration date Friday July 22, 2022 Status Member Last seen July 24, 2022
Jul 24, 2022 at 07:35 PM

Thank you for the form, I'll fill it out.

It sends me to this screen:

I tried "logging in from another computer," but it gave me a list of only one computer, which is this one (my new PC), and when I tried that, it said "login not approved."  I then went upstairs to my old PC, which I know I've used to access my FB in the past, but all I got was the same questions to confirm verification.  I then remembered I still had an old iPhone 7 that I used to access FB with. I charged it up and opened the FB app.  It asked me to confirm access, and I thought "Yes I got it!"  But then the app froze. When I restarted it, it no longer asked me to confirm; instead, it just presented me with the same demands for confirmation. It's as if FB has forgotten that I used my old iPhone and my old PC in the past.

HelpiOS Posts 14333 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen May 13, 2024 1,884
Jul 25, 2022 at 06:40 PM

We'll see how it goes, then. In the meantime, I suggest you don't make any login attempt for a few days and clear the cache and cookies of your browser.

Also, did you try performing the steps to recover your account?

Hi! Just finished fixing the same problem. Try just to push and push the button "send the code". After 5 times of showing me error, system finally worked and immediately sent me the code. Try - I hope it'll help.