Chrome Keep Installing Extension After Removed Many Times

Closed
yibchesda Posts 1 Registration date Monday July 12, 2021 Status Member Last seen July 12, 2021 - Jul 12, 2021 at 01:10 PM
HelpiOS Posts 14327 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen May 8, 2024 - Jul 16, 2021 at 06:26 PM
Dear all CCM User,

I have got a problem on my computer after I've searching for some free software and installed on my computer. The problem is on Chrome extension that keep installing back after I've removed it so many times. The extension name is "UembedOpt" and this extension permission allow to access all sites. I was trying to scan and delete it by Awdcleaner 8.3.0, Hitman Pro, also CCleaner but after I've restarted my computer the extension still coming back. So now I have no idea what's that extension come from and how could I permanent remove it out of my computer.

I hope CCM Team and User have any solution for it.. Thank you for give me the solution.
Related:

1 response

HelpiOS Posts 14327 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen May 8, 2024 1,883
Jul 16, 2021 at 06:26 PM
Hi,

Before installing that free software, did you notice that extension? If not, the extension could be installed because of the software, so check it to see if there is an option to set.

Make sure also that the software you installed is safe and virus free. You can scan your computer with Malwarebytes to try to find out if there is any malicious program.

Good luck