Literally Stuck - Locked out of Facebook for a week 0 options

Closed
pleasehelp45 Posts 2 Registration date Wednesday April 7, 2021 Status Member Last seen April 7, 2021 - Updated on Apr 7, 2021 at 09:58 AM
 Anna - Feb 21, 2022 at 02:49 AM
      • ADMIN: Please don't auto-delete or refer me to articles! Those options did not work and its probably because this happened right around the time of the huge data leak last week. So please I need some legitimate help here***

Facebook tells me the restore steps are accessible, but they are clearly not. This is either an oversight or a bug.

My account is locked. After I log in I enter my usual 2FA, then it takes me to facebook.com/checkpoint URL that says my account was locked 7 days ago.

My only options are to log out, a 'help' option on a drop down in the top right corner, and a big "learn more" button in the center of the screen.

LEARN MORE: takes me here (https://www.facebook.com/help/203305893040179.

The 'get started' option doesn't work because if I'm logged in the options don't load, and if I'm not logged in it prompts me to log in to access the options which takes me back to the 'your account is locked' screen. The 'visit this page' button takes me straight to the locked account page too. The other options at the bottom just aren't helpful.

HELP: Just generic text about FB locking accounts. It tells me I should be able to restore my account immediately, but provides no links or description on how to do so. There is no link to a restore account process and zero way for me to communicate to FB for help.

Logging out just logs me out.`

So I am completely stuck. How do I restore my account? How do I communicate this problem to Facebook? There is no report method for me, this is the sum total of the options I have on my account.

3 responses

i had the same and started clicking on everything i found like crazy..and miracle! try this one for starters and if it doesn't work, let me know to find another link. good luck! https://www.facebook.com/recover/initiate
HelpiOS Posts 14327 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen May 8, 2024 1,883
Updated on Apr 7, 2021 at 02:23 PM
Hi,

I don't see another way than to try to report your login issue to Facebook. You can report it by visiting this link. Once you have submitted your report, you may have to wait a few weeks.

Good luck
pleasehelp45 Posts 2 Registration date Wednesday April 7, 2021 Status Member Last seen April 7, 2021
Apr 7, 2021 at 05:57 PM
Are you sure the link you provided is working? Every time I hit "send" nothing happens.
HelpiOS Posts 14327 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen May 8, 2024 1,883
Apr 8, 2021 at 08:26 AM
Yes it works. Clear your Web browser's cache and cookies and try again. Alternatively, try sending your report from a different Web browser or device.