Locked out of Facebook

Closed
OddSocks Posts 1 Registration date Tuesday January 12, 2021 Status Member Last seen January 12, 2021 - Jan 12, 2021 at 04:24 AM
David Webb Posts 3177 Registration date Monday November 25, 2019 Status Administrator Last seen May 15, 2023   - Mar 1, 2021 at 04:52 AM
I use a pseudonym on Facebook. They verified this back in 2017 after 2 years of fighting. I don't use it for nefarious purposes, I use it because I am a rape and domestic abuse survivor and also I am trans. Facebook made a promise to protect people like me from harm.

My account was flagged AGAIN back in September and I was asked to "verify" my name. I sent Facebook a detailed email outlining my reasons for using a pseudonym, providing evidence that it's the name most people know me as and also including the email from when my account was verified in 2017.

I am still unable to log in as Facebook is "reviewing this information". I have lost 13 years worth of photographs and memories. My mum is dying and I can no longer access the pictures I have of her because of some arbitrary "rule" that Facebook promised to fix back in 2015 when going to court with Sister Roma.

Any advice would be greatly received.

(Using my "real" name is not an option)

1 response

David Webb Posts 3177 Registration date Monday November 25, 2019 Status Administrator Last seen May 15, 2023   6,926
Mar 1, 2021 at 04:52 AM
Hello, here is an article on what to do if your facebook account is locked or disabled.

Note: CCM is not affiliated with Facebook and cannot recover your account for you. You will have to follow the guidance in the above article.

Good luck