Kioskea
Recherche
Ask a question Report

Microsft Word icon is gone. [Solved/Closed]

Nate - Latest answer on Oct 4, 2012 11:16AM
Hello,
I have a question. Until recently there has been a Micorosft icon on my desktop and it showed up under the "All Programs" list on my Start menu. About a week ago it disappeared from both of those places and also from the folder in my Program Files labelled Micosoft Office! I know I still have Word on my PC because I can open previously created documents in this program as well as open a new blank document in Word and save it, etc. What has happened to Microsoft Wrd? Thanks.
Read more 
Answer
+545
moins plus
Go to microsoft office-- microsoft office tools-- microsoft office picture manager-- help-- detect and repair-- check restore my shortcuts while repairing.

This should restore all the microsoft office shortcuts

venugopal nanduri- Jun 21, 2010 09:50AM
Hi Very good Tip wounderful working all the best and thankyou my dear. keep it up.venugopal.nanduri eluru
glitter head- Jul 11, 2010 07:36PM
thank you very much, it looks much better with the icon now :)
craig- Jul 26, 2010 09:53PM
Thanks worked for me
sandesh- Aug 5, 2010 03:54AM
thaks yaar nice solution....
podinac- Oct 4, 2012 11:16AM
WORKED like a charm on win 7 + office 2003 restored all icons THANX
Answer
+95
moins plus
Right click on desktop

click on new

then click on New Microsoft word

Meggles- Apr 3, 2010 09:08AM
saved the day thanks so much Johnny
Arbri- May 7, 2010 09:45AM
THIS IS ONLY A PARTIAL SOLUTION (or better saying an alternative use of Office shortcuts). The best answers are these of TYGR22 and BELCYNS.

Go to microsoft office-- microsoft office tools-- microsoft office picture manager-- help-- detect and repair-- check restore my shortcuts while repairing. This should restore all the microsoft office shortcuts (if it is a desktop shortcut, it may need to created again)
Frank- Jun 12, 2010 10:51PM
Thanks. This is the proper way.
Lisa- Jun 25, 2010 04:44PM
Awesome - this worked just fine. I did have to put in the MS Office CD that came with the computer so that it could finish. Thanks!
raj- Jul 12, 2010 07:43AM
good think it works
Answer
+44
moins plus
Launch - Microsoft Office Diagnostics (Start -> All Programs -> ->Microsoft Office -> Microsoft Office Tools -> Microsoft Office Diagnostics).
On the last Check all your assignment for office icons will be restored.
Sorry for my language.

Steve- Jul 26, 2010 07:20AM
my word icon changed to the generic white icon - this fixed my issue... thanks!
Answer
+20
moins plus
all right heres the thing
1 go to control pannel then click add and remove programs.
goto the one that says microsoft word there is an icon with four different colored squares. then click change and modify it

Vincers97- Apr 12, 2010 05:48PM
Thanx! This really helped.
Answer
+16
moins plus
My "Word" icon has disappeared. Can you help me. Obviously I can get into my word by going through a saved document. I have Office 2007.

Answer
+3
moins plus
thanks for the info on msoffice Diagnostics

Answer
+1
moins plus
Hello!

Are you sure nobody erased it?

This document entitled « Microsft Word icon is gone. » from Kioskea (en.kioskea.net) is made available under the Creative Commons license. You can copy, modify copies of this page, under the conditions stipulated by the license, as this note appears clearly.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.