Redirecting received files from Skype to different recipient folders in PC

Solved/Closed
Sarkar - Apr 21, 2020 at 09:46 AM
David Webb Posts 3177 Registration date Monday November 25, 2019 Status Administrator Last seen May 15, 2023   - Apr 22, 2020 at 02:06 AM
Hi,
I am facing a problem with my students with their answer scripts when they send them to me through Skype. I have to download all the files individually to check and put them to their concerned folders by their name. So I am searching for a solution so that they will be automatically redirected to their concerned 'received' folder when I download them from Skype. Can anybody help me out with this problem? Awaiting your reply.
Sarkar.
Related:

1 response

David Webb Posts 3177 Registration date Monday November 25, 2019 Status Administrator Last seen May 15, 2023   6,926
Apr 22, 2020 at 02:06 AM
Hello Sarkar, to automatically download incoming files in Skype (and then direct them to a specific folder) follow these steps:
  • Select your profile picture
  • Go to settings > messaging
  • Select Auto-download files. After you turn this on, any new files you receive in a chat will automatically be downloaded and saved to your device. You can go back into Settings and turn this feature off at any time.

The default file save location will be downloads. Here's how to change this:
  • Go to settings > messaging
  • Under when I receive a file select Change Directory
  • Choose the folder you want to set as the new default location, then click Select Folder

However, I don't think it will be possible to redirect specific student's files to specific folders.

At least this way you will no longer need to manually download a file, and the files can be directed to a more useful location.

Let me know how you get on!
David Webb

Content Editor and Community Manager - CCM.net