Lost my data from the folder lock app in my android mobile

Closed
z.17.Chathubhani - Dec 7, 2019 at 05:07 AM
David Webb Posts 3177 Registration date Monday November 25, 2019 Status Administrator Last seen May 15, 2023   - Dec 7, 2019 at 06:43 AM
Hello,
Unfortunatly my folder lock app was upgrde and now i can't see my previous locked photos from that app.but still it seems folders name and how much i saved the photos.but no any photos to open.please help to recovery my photos again my mobile.
Thank you
Chathu
Related:

2 responses

David Webb Posts 3177 Registration date Monday November 25, 2019 Status Administrator Last seen May 15, 2023   6,926
Dec 7, 2019 at 06:43 AM
Ok, I've found this other answer that could help:

Folder locks work in three ways

Moving files to hidden or system file locations like appdata, cache, system32, bin, etc location
Amending file mime types to non prominent ones like text/json, raw/c data while retaining original contents of file in same way as they are expected to be.

Encrypting files using cryptographic methods like AES, SHA etc.
Firstly try reinstalling the folder lock app and wait for a day so appdata synced to google cloud will be restored. If items are not found, try setting same password or pattern you remembered earlier .

If the mobile supports Mass Storage then connect in that mode to pc and create iso from mass storage.. Search and delete or backup files to other locations based on probability of file being similar to your files. Although you could do this without creating iso, in iso way the mobile won't brick on you in case you accidentally deleted important system files.

If the mobile don't have mass storage instead has MTP, then you can use app like zarchiver to create zip with all files and then copy archive to windows system to browse and retrieve necessary files.
David Webb

Content Editor and Community Manager - CCM.net