What is better: installing VPN software or using VPN servers online?

Closed
Papemeno Posts 3 Registration date Thursday June 6, 2019 Status Member Last seen June 24, 2019 - Jun 6, 2019 at 01:26 PM
 Blocked Profile - Aug 23, 2019 at 08:23 AM
Hello, I've just can't decide what is more useful: to install VPN program on my laptop or just search for a VPN server online? I haven't used virtual networks never before.

System Configuration: Windows / Chrome 74.0.3729.169

2 responses

Ok, well a VPN is a private connection to another network, so with that being said it will require a client, and a server. Your VPN provider will provide you the client, and a list of servers you can connect to, creating a TUNNEL through the internet to the server you have connected to. Then where ever that server is, it will provide the rest of the connection to what ever it is you are doing in the tunnel! So with that being said, your only choice is what provider, not how are you going to deploy it!!! You only have one option for deployment, unless you have a POP in your final destination!!!!

POP=POINT OF PRESENCE -NETWORK CONNECTION AT YOUR DESTINATION-I.E-YOUR SERVER!!!!!

Papemeno Posts 3 Registration date Thursday June 6, 2019 Status Member Last seen June 24, 2019
Jun 8, 2019 at 10:41 AM
Thanks a lot, your advice was really of great help! Could you recommend a revutable VPN or something like that?
No, I cant do that. What I can say, is make certain what ever provider you have, has a fail over in case of VPN fail. Some providers do not do this, and will expose your ip when the vpn fails, and will not disconnect the connection.
henna02 Posts 4 Registration date Thursday August 22, 2019 Status Member Last seen September 9, 2019
Aug 23, 2019 at 07:41 AM
Installing VPN software is the best option. VPN is used for security reasons and online VPN servers are not secure enough.
How does one install their own VPN software on the internet? This makes no sense, as there is no way to install your own VPN software at the other end!!!! Think about it!!!!!!!!!! You have to have an endpoint. How can you gain access to the endpoint if the resource on the other end isn't yours? That is why there are Online services that supply the VPN at both ends!!!!!

If you are talking about a client, and not using the browsing, I agree!