Best VPN? Do I need it?

Closed
Arrakis222 - Apr 1, 2019 at 11:16 AM
twild19 Posts 1 Registration date Sunday April 28, 2019 Status Member Last seen April 28, 2019 - Apr 28, 2019 at 08:05 AM
Hello,

My work place is connected trough a Inmarsat wrack... so... my iphone is connected to an access point, the access point is connected to a router, the router is connected to a wrack, the wrack is connected to the satellite dish. We have a restriction on certain websites from both the provider (satellite - INMARSAT) and the company i work for (some kind of firewall or something). I want to be able to get passed all firewalls and access what website I want and download what I want!

Access to torrents, youtube, app store, what’s app.

Can I do this using a VPN? Or do I need something more complicated? Can you guys rec. a good VPN (if the VPN is the way to go?) And if so... a good VPN for Iphone that also works for PC (windows) - If it’s in the 15$ per month range... perfect.

P.s. I think the Inmarsat server I’m connected to is a US server! Couple of years ago someone downloaded an episode of “how I met your mother” (no firewall back then) and we got a fine from the FBI 2.5k $ for downloading from a torrent and violating copy wright laws. Don’t want that to happen to me! :))

Thank you guys!

System Configuration: iPhone / Safari 12.1 - Asus ROG / Windows 10 - Inmarsat server / Edge OS
Related:

2 responses

Blocked Profile
Apr 1, 2019 at 11:20 AM
Sat services are already within a vpn wrapper. You will get no throughput by placing another vpn wrapper on your transmission. It will not provide any benefit.
twild19 Posts 1 Registration date Sunday April 28, 2019 Status Member Last seen April 28, 2019
Apr 28, 2019 at 08:05 AM
Yep
Hi!

So there’s no solution? I know for sure the what’s app and app store are limited by my company’s internal firewall! Restrictions for torrents and youtube are from Inmarsat!

Do I stand a chance? :))
Thank you!
Blocked Profile
Apr 1, 2019 at 11:37 AM
Nope!