Modded power supply and now my pc won’t start

Closed
Warrtee Posts 3 Registration date Tuesday January 29, 2019 Status Member Last seen January 29, 2019 - Updated on Jan 29, 2019 at 06:22 PM
 Blocked Profile - Jan 29, 2019 at 06:36 PM
So I was sick of having a major amount of cables coming from my psu, it’s a Corsair TX750W, so I opened it and properly removed what I don’t need. and now my power button will not function, I do not have a reset switch on my pc and I have been racking my brain trying to think of anything, thanks in advance.
Related:

2 responses

OK, when you say "properly removed what I don’t need" what do you mean? Did you just unhook the cables, or did you cut any of them?

Warrtee Posts 3 Registration date Tuesday January 29, 2019 Status Member Last seen January 29, 2019
Jan 29, 2019 at 06:23 PM
I unsoldered
Blocked Profile
Jan 29, 2019 at 06:24 PM
Did you have a schematic to follow?
Warrtee Posts 3 Registration date Tuesday January 29, 2019 Status Member Last seen January 29, 2019 > Blocked Profile
Jan 29, 2019 at 06:27 PM
I did not, I do have experience in this. My motherboard light is on so I don’t know if that helps,
Nope, that lights means it has a power supply attached.

Well, I do not have any experience with MODDED PS, but it seems that there is an internal circuit to the PS that checks for opens, and if the IMPEDANCE doesnt' match, it is considered open or shorted, and won't apply the power. I do have an AA in Electrical Engineering, and have been working PC machines for over 25 years. Weithout a schematic, you cannot acuratly determine what each circuit is doing, or checking, or what "WHATCHDOG" is looking after the whole RIG!

Also, take the CMOS battery out, does the light still light?
Blocked Profile
Jan 29, 2019 at 06:36 PM
I am stepping away to cook my FAm dinner! I'll be back in a little while!