Square with red X in network symbol

Solved/Closed
Caldas2001 Posts 3 Registration date Wednesday January 16, 2019 Status Member Last seen January 16, 2019 - Jan 16, 2019 at 04:50 PM
 Blocked Profile - Jan 16, 2019 at 05:47 PM
Hello,
I've been having some wifi problems for a while now. I have a ASUS A541U laptop with windows 10.

When I turn my pc on, it used to connect to my wifi, but then when I got up to do something or moved my leg just a little bit, the wifi simbol appears with a yellow triangle underneath it and I can't connect. When this happens I run troubleshooting and it says it restarts the network controllers because I supposedly don't have a DNS thing (even though Idk what that is) and it fixes the problem for like 5 mins. When the laptop isn't moving on the table, it just disconnects from the wifi and I have to manually connect it, and then appears a that square with the red X.

I'm afraid this might be a hardware problem of some kind but I've sent the computer TWICE to ASUS through the warranty, but they do nothing because "They can't replicate the problem", even though I have video proof of it.

This is a huge problem for me since I need my pc a lot to do school work. Thanks in advance for the help

System Configuration: Android / Chrome 71.0.3578.99
Related:

1 response

Blocked Profile
Jan 16, 2019 at 04:54 PM
You have assumed correct, hardware issue. Nothing you can do unless you are prepared to open it up and void the warranty. Then what are you looking for? It is going to be a small square chip with 2 black wires attached to it, on little "plug" terminals. Make certain those are fully connected.

Have fun and wear your ESD protection!
Caldas2001 Posts 3 Registration date Wednesday January 16, 2019 Status Member Last seen January 16, 2019
Jan 16, 2019 at 05:00 PM
Thank you so much for the answer!!! I don't have the warranty anymore because the laptop is already 2 years old. I'm afraid to open it up because i don't really know what I'd be doing and I don't truly trust myself with it. Do you think it's worth it to pay (a lot) to send it again to ASUS or should I go to a local (but unofficial) technician. Is it that big of a deal?
Blocked Profile
Jan 16, 2019 at 05:03 PM
Take it to a local shop. They will charge like $90 to troubleshoot it. Typically they will apply that 90 towards new parts if needed.
Caldas2001 Posts 3 Registration date Wednesday January 16, 2019 Status Member Last seen January 16, 2019
Jan 16, 2019 at 05:09 PM
I really can't thank you enough!!
ASUS is a good brand, so it can't all be bad!