Disappointed in Facebook

Closed
TeriClark Posts 5 Registration date Thursday January 3, 2019 Status Member Last seen January 7, 2019 - Jan 3, 2019 at 05:16 PM
TeriClark Posts 5 Registration date Thursday January 3, 2019 Status Member Last seen January 7, 2019 - Jan 7, 2019 at 08:54 PM
Hello,

Facebook claims to take security, privacy, and safety very seriously. However, not in my case! I have been stalked and hacked by the same perps (ex roommates) reporting them to fb, along with every other agency I could think of. I am sick of having to make new accounts only to be abused over and over. I am a disabled senior and rely heavily on my account to keep in touch with loved ones!
WHY are these cyber stalkers getting away with it all, while I am the one paying the price??

System Configuration: Android / Chrome 71.0.3578.99

2 responses

Mastema Posts 20 Registration date Monday December 24, 2018 Status Member Last seen January 7, 2019 9
Jan 3, 2019 at 05:49 PM
Hi Teri,

You have my commiseration and compassion. There are mean people everywhere, fortunately the number of good people far surpasses those with evil thoughts.

Most all of Facebook accounts are secured. When accounts get compromised it's usually due to neglect on the part of the account owner.

Protect your password:
Don't use your Facebook password anywhere else online.
Never share your password. You should be the only one who knows it.
Avoid including your name or common words. Your password should be difficult to guess.
Use Facebook's extra security features.
Make sure your email account(s) are secure.
Log out of Facebook when you use a computer you share with other people. If you forget, you can log out remotely.
Run anti-virus software on your computer:

Think before you click or download anything.

Good luck
TeriClark Posts 5 Registration date Thursday January 3, 2019 Status Member Last seen January 7, 2019
Updated on Jan 3, 2019 at 05:59 PM
Mastema
Thank you.
Let me just say you are correct, these people are wicked evil!! The reason they continued to stalk me and gain access to my accounts (more then fb) was because they are much more technology literate then myself. They cloned numerous phones I had and it took a long while before I learned of their shenanigans. It is so infuriating that I continue to pay the price, even after moving over 2000 miles away.
I currently have an appeal with Facebook, my next step will be to look into legal proceedings.
Take care
Mastema Posts 20 Registration date Monday December 24, 2018 Status Member Last seen January 7, 2019 9 > TeriClark Posts 5 Registration date Thursday January 3, 2019 Status Member Last seen January 7, 2019
Jan 3, 2019 at 06:14 PM
Teri,

"even after moving over 2000 miles away" internet knows no border and distance does not exist.

Others have tried legal action against Facebook for their personal security and it never worked.

Why do you have an appeal with Facebook? Was your account disabled? If so why? Have you read Facebook's terms of use and community standards?

The best way to preserve your integrity is to protect your password, have a good firewall and an excellent antivirus.

Cheers
TeriClark Posts 5 Registration date Thursday January 3, 2019 Status Member Last seen January 7, 2019
Jan 4, 2019 at 08:37 PM
Mastema,

I understand the internet knows no boundaries. If I purchase yet another new phone, change email accounts, etc., etc., I get it! However, cyber stalking is a crime. So why then do I pay the price while they just get away with it all? In addition, they stole all my personal information and somehow were able to cash two Social Security checks which triggered an FBI investigation. It goes on and on.
Yes, I'm aware of Facebook rules, however, they disabled my "accounts" staying I maintained multiple accounts! Which was because the stalkers changed email, password, and even my phones. If they looked into this matter, they could track IP addresses, see that each new account coincides with beginning when each previous one ended because I had no choice (and the attempts were numerous as well as exhausting) but to begin again. Do you agree? When will justice prevail? Certainly not any time in the past two years.
Thanks again..
Mastema Posts 20 Registration date Monday December 24, 2018 Status Member Last seen January 7, 2019 9 > TeriClark Posts 5 Registration date Thursday January 3, 2019 Status Member Last seen January 7, 2019
Jan 5, 2019 at 05:35 PM
Hi Teri,

I don't see the relation between Facebook and your security checks.

True! Facebook does not allow multiple accounts and no doubt that you were caught because Facebook tracked your ip.

As soon as you noticed that someone hacked your account, you should have immediately reported the account as hacked to Facebook. Facebook would then investigate and then give you the means to recover and secure your account. Creating other accounts was a mistake because your transgressed Fb's rules.

I have many years of experience in virus security. When accounts of any type get hacked or compromised it's because the account owner has made and left himself vulnerable. There are all kinds of excellent precautions one can take to prevent hacking. If you wish I can list them for you.

How do you think that the "stalker" got a hold of your password to access your account? How did the hacker get the same ip address as yours? Do you always use your own computer and network to connect? Do you always sign out.

I do hope that Facebook will reply favourably to your appeal.

If I can be of any assistance to you, let me know.

Hang in there!

P.S. What did people do before Facebook became worldwide in 2012? There must have been other ways to communicate with friends and relatives.
Jan 5, 2019 at 08:01 PM
Mastema...
Thank you. The correlation between Facebook and my checks is it was the same people. Like I said, they are much more adverse with all this. I am but a novice. They stole my identity in an effort to "punish" me. It is ludicrous and I do not understand it all so I try to reach out to agencies etc., who can help me. It infuriates me that cyber criminals get away with so much and their victims suffer even further, as I am now.
How do I explain when I truly do not understand it myself. I just hope that these agencies can find a way to catch these people. I am doing my best to bring this to the right places in a hope maybe someone else will be spared the whole experience I have dealt with. Maybe I will learn something to help someone else one day.
God Bless...
Blocked Profile
Jan 7, 2019 at 05:09 PM
Just another feature of the national registry called FACEBOOK!
Jan 7, 2019 at 08:54 PM
I guess so!