My laptop won't turn on

Solved/Closed
e1even - Updated on Dec 25, 2018 at 10:21 AM
 Blocked Profile - Dec 28, 2018 at 10:20 AM
Hello,

I was watching a movie when I plugged in my earphones and then my computer crashed. I couldn't move the mouse cursor and my computer was frozen for like 5 minutes. I tried to open task manager, but it didn't open so I just pressed on-off button and shut my computer off. After waiting couple minutes I tried to turn it on, but nothing happened. At the bottom of my computer there are lights which show that it's charging.

The light which shows if my computer is turned on is on and the light which shows if my computer is charging is also on. Charging light is on even when my computer is unplugged. What can I do to fix this? I have Lenovo B50-10, which I have used a little bit over a year.

Thanks a lot!
Related:

2 responses

MiLLy_JJ Posts 11 Registration date Thursday December 27, 2018 Status Member Last seen March 29, 2019 7
Updated on Dec 27, 2018 at 02:02 PM
Is there any sound of the computer, when you charching it? Does your computer booting today?
Lenovo should be a good computer and it is almost a new one, but it sounds like overhitting is the reason of your trouble.. I think it lead your hard drive to crush.
Look, here is what you can do:
if your computer is booting - make a copy of all your data and try to fix hard drive with chkdsk (read here - Use "Chkdsk" for hard disk repair https://www.diskinternals.com/partition-recovery/hard-drive-repair-and-bringing-files-back/ - there is a good explanation, why you need to save data first). If after chkdsk your computer doesn't work well - try to clean dust from it and renew your OS.
If it doesn't help - then bring it to a recovery center.
If it is still doesn't booting - bring it to a recovery center.
PS If you have some peculiarities - let me know :)
It wasn't booting, i took it to a recovery center yesterday and they said I need a new motherboard. I think it was due to overheating.
MiLLy_JJ Posts 11 Registration date Thursday December 27, 2018 Status Member Last seen March 29, 2019 7
Dec 28, 2018 at 09:33 AM
Ouch.. Sorry to hear that!
Blocked Profile
Dec 27, 2018 at 03:41 PM
Ok try this.

Remove the battery after unplugging from wall outlet. Press and hold the power button for 60 seconds with the battery out. Place the battery back in. try to reboot.

What kind of headphones are they, USB or standard audio?
They were standard audio headphones. And I would've not know how to took my battery out. I took it to the recovery center and they said that i need a new motherboard.
Anyways - thank you all for your suggestions.
Blocked Profile
Dec 28, 2018 at 10:20 AM
Well, after they replace the MB, ask them to show you how to remove battery.