The best way to connect Wifi?

Closed
aliwatts Posts 2 Registration date Saturday December 22, 2018 Status Member Last seen January 2, 2019 - Updated on Dec 22, 2018 at 07:17 AM
Gloriawilliams Posts 7 Registration date Wednesday December 19, 2018 Status Member Last seen March 2, 2019 - Feb 11, 2019 at 08:15 AM
Hi guys,

I have a funny shaped apartment with lots of doors and passage ways. It isn't huge and isn't small. I have tried repeaters and the signal is still crappy. I have a Fibre router on one side of the apartment and a Smart TV in a living room and an Android box in a bedroom about 40 metres away, but the wifi is still crappy. I had an older TV before that I plugged my Android box in and the box had an aerial. It worked in the old TV to watch Prime Video and Netflix, but now I have a newer TV and the aerial is suppsed to be in the TV and the wifi isnt as good. Is there a Wifi aerial I can plug into the Smart TV via USB for a start? If not what is the best way to get perfect Wifi in a problematic living space? Its funny, if it was a 2 floor house I could understand it. I have a normal repeater plus a repeater that I can plug into the router via cable. Both have antenas. The first one is a NETGEAR RANGE EXTENDER N300 (EX2700) and the newer one is a Aigital WiFi Router, 300Mbps Wireless Repeater Booster Wireless-N 2.4GHz Universal (WPS).

Or is there a better way, like a second wifi router, that will connect to my existing Orange Fibre Livebox?

2 responses

Blocked Profile
Dec 22, 2018 at 08:42 PM
"Is there a Wifi aerial I can plug into the Smart TV via USB for a start? "

Wifi is Wifi. What type Of Smart TV is it? YOU can always try this, along with this.

Have FUN!

aliwatts Posts 2 Registration date Saturday December 22, 2018 Status Member Last seen January 2, 2019
Jan 2, 2019 at 04:13 AM
Hi yeah I dont want a firestick just want to know what antena would work best to better the signal, thanks for your reply
Blocked Profile
Jan 2, 2019 at 12:58 PM
If you are concerned with signal strength, be certain to USE an UNIDIRECTIONAL Antenna, so You won't have to POINT the antennae in the right directions. Also, you need to see how far away the source is, and get a device that will pick up at the range you are at. IN other words, if the broadcast station is 75 miles away, make certain you get anantennea that will pick at least 100 miles away!

See here if you are in the US: Map of signals

That is the best advice I can give you regarding reception of air signals.
Gloriawilliams Posts 7 Registration date Wednesday December 19, 2018 Status Member Last seen March 2, 2019
Updated on Sep 10, 2020 at 06:16 PM
I want to recommend you to use same band router and extender, i means if you are using 2.5GHs band extender then use same band router.
Don't place your netgear extender in the corners. If possible then keep it near to router.