Setting up a new outlook.com account

Closed
BenevolentDeity Posts 1 Registration date Friday July 20, 2018 Status Member Last seen July 20, 2018 - Updated on Jul 20, 2018 at 05:32 AM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Jul 20, 2018 at 05:37 AM
Hello,

I have an existing Microsoft account and let's say I created it with an email address of abc.xyz.com. xyz.com is a custom domain I own and I get that domain's emails on the server where that domain is hosted. However, I wanted to set up an outlook.com email account so I used the abc.xyz.com address when I was asked for my Microsoft account. However, I then started getting emails addressed to abc.xyz.com on both my original domain host's server and on my outlook.com email.

I then set up a new Microsoft account using an outlook.com domain with the hope that emails to abc.xyz.com would stop going to the outlook.com email, but it didn't help. I'm concerned that emails to abc.xyz.com may eventually stop going to my original domain host's server and will only go to the outlook.com server. My question is, how can I dissociate my abc.xyz.com Microsoft account from the outlook.com email account and leave only the new outlook.com Microsoft account address?

I apologize if it sounds confusing but I don't really understand it all myself.

Thanks,
Ray

1 response

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,166
Jul 20, 2018 at 05:37 AM
Hi

Yes it is very confusing. I will nevertheless try a reply. If the email addresses are the same, you can't dissociate.