To install windows xp

Closed
shahabaz - Jun 14, 2008 at 01:27 AM
 afoo - Jan 19, 2009 at 12:15 PM
Hello,
I want to install windows xp on my computer , I know how to install and i do many times also, actually my laptop cd drive is not working properly. so install through external cd drive. I have an xp cd and i install many times with that cd itself , Now i was using windows vista in my system, i want to remove this vista and install xp. i tried to install xp several times , so the cd didnt boot a black screen is showing nothing will going on. If i put vista cd on the drive , booting will work properly. can u please help me what to do. is ther any booting method using pendrive(usb). if there is please send me the link.
Related:

5 responses

i want to delete windowvista and i want to install window xp
walex88 Posts 11 Registration date Tuesday April 8, 2008 Status Member Last seen July 23, 2008 4
Jun 16, 2008 at 02:18 PM
why nt remove ur HDD and make it hot-swapable on another pc via USB, format it and return it 2 ur pc and install d xp, bt pls make sure u backup all data first. it occuring bcos is reading any data 4rm d Xp installation cd.
giv me a back feedback.
walex88 Posts 11 Registration date Tuesday April 8, 2008 Status Member Last seen July 23, 2008 4
Jul 23, 2008 at 02:08 PM
i will advice u to install d xp on ur window vista by using virtual machine 4rm microsoft.go to microsoft website donwload virtual machine software,run it and then install xp on it, by that u will be using two operating system (window vista& window Xp) on one computer. but ur pc must meet d minimum hardware requirement b/4 it can work.hv tried it myself,it was absolutely wonderful.i hope u'll like it.
insrt the bootable cd in ur CD-ROM drive-> Restart the computer->Press F2 or Del button->Bios will appear->goto the boot option->Set 1st boot device CD-ROM then press F10.Save Changes press Y then press Enter.

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
yes i have the same problem