Ask a question Report

5.1 not working in windows 7 [Solved/Closed]

Aravindan - Latest answer on Jan 11, 2013 02:19PM
Hello,
i installed the windows 7 rc build 7100...the drivers for my soundblaster5.1 card were updated online...but then my 5.1 speakers aint gettin detected...it shows as 2 speakers...only my FL FR speakers work...RR RL and center do not...help me out pls...
Read more 
Answer
+140
moins plus
if you right click your speaker in tool bar then left click playback device then right click the speaker then left click enhancements then click " speaker fill" and blamo :>)

Dude- Jul 15, 2010 05:52AM
Thx kafur1, you rock :)
benben1472- Jul 23, 2010 12:17AM
it works!!!!!!! thanks Kafur1!!!!! i have been trying to fix this for ages!!!! btw you missed a few steps i will spell it out lol
1. right click on your speaker icon
2. click on playback devices
3.click on your speaker device once and then click on properties
4. on the top click enhancements tab
5. scroll down in the list (it was the sixth one down for me) and click on the box so you get a tick in it
6. click apply
7. play your music to make sure that it works and then click ok and enjoy your music!!!!!
8. if it doesn't work after clicking apply then make sure you have the right box ticked. if you have the right box ticked then untick it click apply tick it again and click apply again.
thanks and enjoy all credit goes to kafur1 thanks man!!!
asylum23- Jul 27, 2010 03:58PM
Thank you sooooooo much! Logitech support did not even suggest this! I have all 6 speakers working now, vs. only the 2 that were working previously. Thank you so much for this information, it was a fantastic help!
asanya- Dec 8, 2012 12:26AM
Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You!
Abinesh- Jan 11, 2013 02:19PM
Thanks a million!!!!!!
Answer
+14
moins plus
hello,have you get any solution for your problem.me 2 i have a 5.1 logitech x540 and am using on Windows 7 Built 7100.

help me if you get the solution

thx

Answer
+4
moins plus
I had the same problem with my creative 5.1 sound blaster.

I downloaded the software from the following link and it worked. Try the link below.

http://download.cnet.com/IDT-High-Definition-Audio-CODEC/3000-2110_4-197119.html

Answer
+2
moins plus
I have windows 7 build 7100 too and also have logitech x-540 (5.1) speakers. Windows 7 keeps dumbing the 5.1 audio to 2.1 ='( unless i use matrix (but that doesn;t really fix the problem).... Tell me when there is a fix please =)

alca- Aug 22, 2009 10:17PM
I've found a solution. Try using the beta driver (Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi series driver 2.18.0013) from Creative website. The link is this one

http://support.creative.com/...

Hope it helps :)
Answer
+2
moins plus
What OS are you running ? Vista has 32 and 64 bit ! I have the X-fi 7.1 but i use 5.1. Firstly, I have a duel boot system. My first is xp32 bit and the X-Fi is superb ! Downstream mix also ! However my second drive used to have Vista ultimate 64bit, which well as any Vista user knows, it's not all that good (being polite) and the X-Fi did not work to it's full potential, no creative console or downstream mix. ( dolby suround was still great)
Dumped the Vista 64 and replaced with Windows 7 Ultimate (with mce) at also 64 bit.
Still X-Fi does not have the same potential of use as with xp32bit. It's just a Windoze problem and until the Mfr's like Creative pull their fingers out of their rearends and give existing users some new drivers, then there's nowt you can do.

abhihoty- Nov 22, 2009 11:37PM
hey bro even i had the same problem.windows 7 installs the drivers automaticaly by default but it only supports 5.1 sound for some formats so wat u can do is u can download new drivers specificly build for windows 7
it will work

lemme know if dis works......
/\/\ /\- Nov 23, 2009 12:12AM
SB0680 wic is soundblaster5.1 sound card from creative does not ve driver support for vista or win7...only solution is to upgrade ur sound card to a more recent one....tats wat i did....
Answer
moins plus
I HAVE THE SOLUTION,
Watch my video!
You will understand it good because it's very easy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZjrhW-Hu8U&feature=player_embedded

This document entitled « 5.1 not working in windows 7 » from Kioskea (en.kioskea.net) is made available under the Creative Commons license. You can copy, modify copies of this page, under the conditions stipulated by the license, as this note appears clearly.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.