Left shift key has been typing out this symbol "|"

Solved/Closed
Dislexiya Posts 1 Registration date Tuesday October 3, 2017 Status Member Last seen October 3, 2017 - Updated on Oct 3, 2017 at 05:22 PM
 Philly - Dec 3, 2022 at 05:18 PM
Just recently, my left shift key has been typing out this symbol | when I press it. But only when I press it on the left side closer to the Z. This is making it hard for me to capitalise my letters and is quite annoying.

||See this is what my sentence looks like when |I use my shift like I| normally would, without consciously pressing it on the far left side. |Stupid vertical bar. It spams if I hold it down, too. ||||||||||||

I use a Cougar Vantar RGB Scissor Switch Gaming Keyboard. Since this is a recent problem, I assume that I have toggled something without knowing?

Thank you for your help!
Related:

3 responses

Hi,

I read this and then pushed my key hard while moving back and forth (my keys Really don't come off...) and there a little click, and voila! It works again and these sentences are no longer a pain!

You have saved the day! I pressed the shift key hard and rocked it back and forth, and the problem is gone! It was really making typing my password difficult.

Must be the name. My name rhymes with yours. We're kindred.

Thank you!!! It worked...as you can SEE!