I've got a Dell Inspiron 1505 that suddenly won't start Windows XP. I get the Dell boot screen then it just goes blank (but is still back-lit). I can't do anything with it. I ran a diagnostics one-time boot (full) and it said everything was fine. I tried starting in safe mode and nothing happened. I tried to re-install Windows XP (which only started with a CD one time boot) and it got so far as "hit any key to start install" and after I hit a key it just went blank again. What is going on?
- Inspiron windows won't boot: blank screen
- Black screen with cursor (Solved) » Forum - Windows
- Gateway Laptop LED turns on but doesn't boot (Solved) » Forum - Laptop
- Computer Won't start. screen is black. (Solved) » Forum - Windows
- Computer powers on, but does not boot (Solved) » Forum - Hardware
- Black screen upon startup, wont run. (Solved) » Forum - Windows
Hi, I have a DELL Inspiron 1500 and when i turn it on it begins to start up but then it suddenly goes black, but it's back lit... there's nothing i can do about it, I've pressed every button! Please tell me what to do to make this work! I have Windows XP if that helps... Thank You
Did you try doing a system restore of you system on safe mode?