Kioskea
Recherche
Ask a question Report

Inspiron windows won't boot: blank screen

Wren95864 1Posts Thursday May 28, 2009Registration date May 28, 2009Last seen - Latest answer on Jun 13, 2010 02:49PM
Hello,
I've got a Dell Inspiron 1505 that suddenly won't start Windows XP. I get the Dell boot screen then it just goes blank (but is still back-lit). I can't do anything with it. I ran a diagnostics one-time boot (full) and it said everything was fine. I tried starting in safe mode and nothing happened. I tried to re-install Windows XP (which only started with a CD one time boot) and it got so far as "hit any key to start install" and after I hit a key it just went blank again. What is going on?
Read more 
Answer
+21
moins plus
Hi, I have a DELL Inspiron 1500 and when i turn it on it begins to start up but then it suddenly goes black, but it's back lit... there's nothing i can do about it, I've pressed every button! Please tell me what to do to make this work! I have Windows XP if that helps... Thank You
Add comment
Answer
+6
moins plus
Did you try doing a system restore of you system on safe mode?
shelly- Jun 13, 2010 02:49PM
how do u do a stsytm restore
Add comment
This document entitled « inspiron windows won't boot: blank screen » from Kioskea (en.kioskea.net) is made available under the Creative Commons license. You can copy, modify copies of this page, under the conditions stipulated by the license, as this note appears clearly.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.