The discussions

Copy and paste certain columns based on dates

Solved

Hello, I am trying to create a macro that will look at a list of dates in column B then copy and paste the data in column C and D to another sheet...

5 replies Last reply on 13 Sep 2011 by
jones835

Hide columns

Solved

Hello, I recorded a macro to hide some columns (says, column M to O). However, when I tried to run the macro again, the macro hide all the columns f...

1 reply Last reply on 23 Aug 2011 by
venkat1926

Transfer of excel data from a row to another

Solved

Hello, I have this excel sheet with numerous rows having columns A,B,C,D &E.column A is numbers & other columns hav data in text.I want to transfer...

15 replies Last reply on 18 Aug 2011 by
RWomanizer

Macro to copy and paste

Solved

Hello, I would greatly appreciate any assistance with creating an Excel macro that will copy information from cells A1, B11:D11, A13, B23:D23, et...

5 replies Last reply on 16 Aug 2011 by
rizvisa1

How to pull content from 4 cells to 1 cell

Solved

Hello, How can I pull content from 4 cells to I Cell in a specific format so that I have it displayed like this: sm=12.00/W123/F456,MD=13.00/W456/...

1 reply Last reply on 11 Aug 2011 by
TrowaD

Vba 2010 open files in current folder loop

Solved

Hello there, Think this is a relatively simple code and I've found examples but can't quite piece it all together to do what I want to do. I want t...

20 replies Last reply on 10 Aug 2011 by
whitepanther

Vba locate & delete words within a sentence

Solved

Hello, I know this is probably very easy but I'm having trouble figuring it out. I'm trying to find a code that will identify key words within a s...

7 replies Last reply on 7 Aug 2011 by
whitepanther

Releasing filter before running a macro

Solved

Hello, dear all friends, good morning. I have an invoice template in a worksheet in excel 2007.. By clicking two buttons ,I will be able to store ...

2 replies Last reply on 3 Aug 2011 by
suryam

Highlight rows with conditions met

Solved

Hello Friends, I desperately need a macro to Highlight /or separate rows when specific conditions met. sample file enclosed. Link http://www.spe...

7 replies Last reply on 2 Aug 2011 by
rizvisa1

Sharepoint link to excel via a cell variable

Solved

Hello, Configuration: Windows XP / Internet Explorer 7.0Hello, Wonder if any of you gurus can help with the following, as it has got me totall...

38 replies Last reply on 29 Jul 2011 by
Dave122

Remove "calculate" from excel.

Solved

Hello, When opening a saved sheet with data in excel,I get to see "calculate" mentioned on the bottom left. The problem is when this "calculate" i...

3 replies Last reply on 28 Jul 2011 by
raj

Excel/vba 2010 continue with macro

Solved

Hello, Just a quick question I've got a Macro that runs perfectly except there are two times while it runs where it stops and asks you to click Ok...

3 replies Last reply on 26 Jul 2011 by
RWomanizer

Vba conditional formatting excel 03

Solved

Hello, How can i apply a conditional format on a certain cell but with the condition in a different cell. F.e. if a cell in range C1:D5 (f.e. C...

1 reply Last reply on 22 Jul 2011 by
TrowaD

Excel 2007 - macros

Solved

Hello, I need to write a macro for following example. Item Qty c 2 B 2 b 6 C 5 c 5 a 2 Basically I want to group by Column A (i....

4 replies Last reply on 15 Jul 2011 by
rizvisa1

Highlighting and copying in excel

Solved

Hello, I am just starting on visual basic and would like to record a macro whereas, once I have pressed play, Excel will select a cell 12 rows dow...

2 replies Last reply on 11 Jul 2011 by
DannyBoy

Printing excel sheet with jumbled columns

Solved

Hello, Dear all, I have a typical question. I have a work sheet in excel 2007 with some headers in columns from C8 to N8 the columns C to F have t...

2 replies Last reply on 11 Jul 2011 by
suryam

Excel office2007 macro

Solved

Hello, I writting a macro to clean up the format of a report down loaded into excel. I'm stuff on on section. I have filter column A for blank cell...

3 replies Last reply on 6 Jul 2011 by
rizvisa1

Excel - cells formatted as numer pesel ???

Solved

Hello, Firstly, just a quick one: I want to use conditional formatting to check if a cell ( say A1) has a red background and if it does then re...

5 replies Last reply on 5 Jul 2011 by
rizvisa1

Deleting and combining rows in excel with con

Solved

Hello, I hope someone knows the answer: I have simple table Column A: item # Column B: text example: Item # Text 2 text 1 2 t...

3 replies Last reply on 5 Jul 2011 by
TrowaD

Split worksheet

Solved

Hello, Is it possible to Split one worksheet to different workbooks( files). I am having a statement to be send to 10 branch offices. sample...

5 replies Last reply on 2 Jul 2011 by
rizvisa1

Partial match multi-sheet comparison

Solved

Hello, I am trying to compare a manufacture's part number in a spread sheet with a spreadsheet that we have to match these part numbers to their U...

5 replies Last reply on 29 Jun 2011 by
RWomanizer

Inserting/copy rows, transpose vba help

Solved

Hello, I have searched through many posts and it appeard everyone is very helpful. My skills in vba are ok but i lack the knowledge to solve my prob...

9 replies Last reply on 23 Jun 2011 by
shameem007

Merge rows if it meets criteria in excel

Solved

Hello, I would like to know if I can merge rows if it meets certain criteria in Excel. If Project ID on column A is matched, it will merge all the ...

6 replies Last reply on 21 Jun 2011 by
rizvisa1

Conditionally deleting rows in excel 2007

Solved

Hello, I'm hoping someone here might be able to help me with this. I have a spreadsheet where column A is a project name then columns B, C and D a...

5 replies Last reply on 20 Jun 2011 by
aquarelle

Webpage to excel

Solved

Hello, Could you please help me in downloading data's from a web page to an excel. If that web page has multiple pages ( 1,2,3,4.... ), i want all ...

1 reply Last reply on 17 Jun 2011 by
TrowaD

Formula: to count cells and then add number.

Solved

Hello, All Hope you can help! I have a list of actions 1 Contacts 2 Appointments 3 Estimates 4 Sales contacts counts as 1 contact,...

3 replies Last reply on 14 Jun 2011 by
rizvisa1

Needed a vba.

Solved

Hello, I'm very new to progamming kind of stuff... i need to generate a report from a excel sheet. Coloumn Q of "data" sheet has only 0 or 1, whi...

6 replies Last reply on 13 Jun 2011 by
rizvisa1

Excel "if" for letters to equal values

Solved

Hello, I have a yes or no sheet, one column for yes and one column for no. I want the end column to calculate a 1 for yes, and 0 for no, and in s...

1 reply Last reply on 9 Jun 2011 by
TrowaD

Simple excel formula help

Solved

Hello, Configuration: Windows 7 / Firefox 3.6.17 Hey guys I'm doing some project on Excel for a class. When it comes to entering and crea...

1 reply Last reply on 6 Jun 2011 by
TrowaD

Excel name match query

Solved

Hi I have a column (A) in excel that lists all of the staff in an organisation, and in column B is their telephone number. In column C is a list o...

5 replies Last reply on 1 Jun 2011 by
Guest user

Split data into multiple sheets using macro

Solved

Hello, Configuration: Windows Vista / Firefox 4.0 I have an excel sheet with the data in following manner. a b c d 1 1 1 1 2 2 2 2 3 ...

16 replies Last reply on 31 May 2011 by
rizvisa1

Excel macro help.

Solved

Hi, I was wondering if someone could help me develop a macro that would reference a row in another worksheet. So for example if Column H = "x" in ...

7 replies Last reply on 27 May 2011 by
TrowaD

Excel macro to identify/modify/combine cells

Solved

Hello, I have a collection of survey results in Excel that are coded from another software that I need to prepare to put in SPSS, the results come...

3 replies Last reply on 27 May 2011 by
TrowaD

Hiding a different sheet in workbook

Solved

Dear sir, I have one worksheet and there are 20 different sheet in that worksheet. I want to show 1 or 2 sheet and want to hide rest sheet. May i...

1 reply Last reply on 21 May 2011 by
venkat1926

Report from excel data sheet

Solved

Dear Sir, I am new in excel. I am trying to use excel for my work easier. I have one excel file where there are different sheet of monthly salary ...

4 replies Last reply on 21 May 2011 by
ram

Excel vb macro

Solved

Hello, I am new to vb and excel. I am trying to create a Macro that will look through all the worksheets in a workbook and find the column named "...

4 replies Last reply on 20 May 2011 by
b_85

Codes for reminder creation in excel vba

Solved/Closed

Hello, I want to get Reminder message box automatically, according to the date and time in Excel worksheet. What are the VBA codings & procedures?...

23 replies Last reply on 17 May 2011 by
vivek

Can not run macro

Solved

hello sir, I am trying to put macro in any excel sheet then "can not run the macro" the macro may not be available or all macros may be disabled. ...

1 reply Last reply on 17 May 2011 by
ram sharma

How to create shortcut keys to xl 2007macros

Solved

Hi, I created few Macros in excel 2007,these working fine but how to assign short cut keys to these macros.In macros window in options property is ...

3 replies Last reply on 17 May 2011 by
RWomanizer

Ignoring rows with zero value

Solved

Hello, A couple weeks ago ya'll helped me with some code to compare two sheets and create a new worksheet with all of the values that were identic...

3 replies Last reply on 16 May 2011 by
RWomanizer

Highlighting the values entered in an excel

Solved

Hello, Dear All, I have a question to ask, Actually i am working with an Excel File which has so many sheets under one file, and this file ...

3 replies Last reply on 16 May 2011 by
TrowaD

Copying data to another worksheet

Solved

Hello, I have the following data in worksheet named "Auto Entry" Cell A1= X Cell A2 =Y Cell A3 =Z Cell A4=Input Value(1,2,or 3) In Cell A4 is...

1 reply Last reply on 16 May 2011 by
TrowaD

Excel: matching and sorting

Solved/Closed

Hello, Ok, how sould a computer dummy to this (the dummy is me): I have a list of 300 bike racers. In the columns next to the racer is items such a...

13 replies Last reply on 12 May 2011 by
lew13

Can someone please write me a macro for excel

Solved

I want to be able to input a number into a cell and have that number recorded in a list elsewhere within the same sheet. Then be able to replace tha...

3 replies Last reply on 12 May 2011 by
TrowaD

Copy selected cells to new sheet in a row

Solved

Hello, dear all, I have an invoice template in the range b6:f57 in one sheet.. I want to select only some cell contents like c17, f17, f 19 , f 32, ...

9 replies Last reply on 10 May 2011 by
suryam

Macros help

Solved

Dear Friend i want to convert number to text in excel programme Example : ( 055555 : Zero five Five Five Five Five ) As This Format ...

4 replies Last reply on 5 May 2011 by
suryam

Transfering data to a new sheet

Solved

I'm running excel 2007 on windows 7, if that's important. I'm trying to find a way to transfer data from a master sheet (or basically sheet 1) to...

3 replies Last reply on 4 May 2011 by
Stickihasit

Format data in excel for db transaction

Solved

Hello, I have a simple question, I have a range of cells with numbers in each cell. I want to add a single quote or apostrophe in the start and end...

3 replies Last reply on 4 May 2011 by
holly

Excel macro to copy text and append

Solved

Hello, I recorded a macro in Excel where I copied the text from one cell and appended that text to the values in several other cells. The problem...

4 replies Last reply on 2 May 2011 by
RWomanizer

Cell reference to locate /store data in excel

Solved

Hello, Hello , I am working for a newly started airline agency. I am enclosing my working file (for privacy sake , I have changed names and oth...

8 replies Last reply on 2 May 2011 by
suryam
Results 1251 - 1300 out of a total of 1,688