Ask a question Report

Can't connect 192.168.1.1 [Solved/Closed]

Pravin - Latest answer on Dec 4, 2012 12:54AM
Hello,
I have BSNL boadband, whenever I try to connect http://192.168.1.1 it shows explorer cant connect. I bridge connection, I want it tobe direct.
Thank you
PJ
Read more 
Answer
+92
moins plus
Unlikely that your default gateway is 255.255.255.## (likely to be auto config private ip addressing not configured by DHCP on your router)
Correction: "You can connect to a wireless router via a wireless adapter" (providing that your wireless adaper is configured with the correct wep/wpa/tkip/psk passphrase)

If you have reset your router or removed the power for about 30 seconds and you still cannot connect by using
"192.168.1.1", "192.168.1.0" or "192.168.0.1 then run "ipconfig /flushdns" then run "ipconfig /renew".

if you still cannot connect to your router then open internet explorer Options > Advanced tab > click reset and follow instructions, before doing that: right click the network connection icon on the taskbar and click "Diagnose and repair". Also make sure that you do not have any infections and clear all cookies and temporary internet files.

The most common router user names passwords are: User: "admin" pass: "admin", User: "admin" pass: "password", User: "admin" Pass: "<your isp name>".

nicos- Sep 6, 2009 07:05PM
i resolved the same problem using the reset button pushed for 20-30 seconds and turn off the router for 10 minutes!
kartik- Nov 29, 2012 08:14AM
thanks . i was entering the pass - admin , but when i entered pass- password , then it worked
aryan- Dec 4, 2012 12:54AM
default passwords are not working for my router how can i login into it??
Answer
+34
moins plus
Are you sure your Modem/Router has a IP of 192.168.1.1?

Perform these steps:

Click Start - Run
type cmd - Click ok
In the Command Window type ipconfig and press enter.

See what you IP address is... If it is 192.168.1.? Then you SHOULD be able to access 192.168.1.1 and in which case I would reset the Defaults to the Modem/Router. And try again. I changed my IP to my Router from 192.168.1.1 to 192.168.10.1 so my IPs show up as 192.168.10.? and in my IPCONFIG command I would have a IP of 192.168.10.2 or something depending on which 1 of 11 Computers/Servers that is on the network.

So if you get a IP in IPCONFIG of 192.168.2.? then try to access the Modem/Router with the IP address of 192.168.2.1

router problem- May 30, 2009 10:41AM
I have changed themy router DCHP starting IP address from 192.168.1.2 to 198.168.1.1 . Now I am not able to connect to my router. plz tell me how to connect router?
thank you
Answer
+27
moins plus
Very simple. On the back of your router there is a small round reset button. Use a pen and hold that button down for several seconds, unplug everything from the router, plug everything back in wait for it to come up again. Open new browser, type in the 192.168.1.1 put in your password and it comes up directly to linksys. Works for me everytime. For some reason when I have not gone to the 192.168.1.1 page for a long time it never works. I just reset my router and wallaw works like a charm.
Hope this helps. I had a heck of a time with this until linksys showed me how to do it.

Answer
+21
moins plus
try https://192.168.1.1 man, I hope it works :)

Answer
+17
moins plus
Yes your Gateway by default should be 255.255.255.0 Unless you configured this different then you wont have to worry about this. But it brings for a good thing to look in to. Make sure that your IP on your computer wasn't set to Static and somehow you ended up changing or using a different Gateway, such as 255.255.255.254 or 255.255.0.0 ... Make sure it matches the router... Again I would allow DHCP to handle all that, unless you have a Server in which case all you need to worry with is setting a static IP.

I also found out that you are not allowed to access and configure a Router/Modem settings via a Wireless Connection. So you have to be connected directly to the Router/Modem. (in most cases)

Answer
+12
moins plus
I had the same problem guys.

I tried to find the solution on google.
I tried everything i found on may forums except resetting router.
But no luck.

Then i replaced my router to see
whether i can open 192.168.1.1

And yes. I was able to open that page.

Again I replaced my router which i was using.
It didnt work with that.

I thought it must be the incoming line causing the problem.

I disconnected my incoming line (Telephone Line) from my ISP (BSNL)
and tried to open 192.168.1.1.

and it worked.

Try this, it may work for you also.

Raj

Dexi- Oct 28, 2009 12:11PM
Heya there ..

192.168.1.1 is Defualt gateway which everyone use to conecct each others it cant be your ip address
peerData- Oct 28, 2009 07:55PM
Dixi, I'm not going to argue, but it is possible.
jayanta- Jun 18, 2011 12:17AM
thank you raj.... he is right.. it works for me too.. i did try all the things adviced here.. but those who using BSNL BB or those with a telephone line must be disconnect beforehand.. its sure that that telephone line prevent you from geting into ur default gateway.. if anyone using BSNL shud try this.. it works for my friend too...
Answer
+9
moins plus
First thing you need to do now is Reset the Router and then go back and read my post! (peerData)

Answer
+8
moins plus
If your DHCP is leasing address' from 1.2 to 1.1 its going to fail. Thats like asking a computer to divide by 0.
If you managed to set your DHCP then you should be able access the router in the same manor.
Set your DHCP to lease from 1.2 to 1.254 (unless you have reserved IPs within that range)

If thats not happy check IPCONFIG, you gateway address should be the one that your router is on

This document entitled « Can't connect 192.168.1.1 » from Kioskea (en.kioskea.net) is made available under the Creative Commons license. You can copy, modify copies of this page, under the conditions stipulated by the license, as this note appears clearly.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.