Kioskea
Recherche
Ask a question Report

Dual monitor shortcut key [Solved/Closed]

m_chouhan - Latest answer on May 7, 2014 04:53PM
Hello,
what is the shortcut key to transfer the active window to the atteched another monitor, please rply itz really urgent...................
thnx in advance
Read more 
Answer
+35
moins plus
Windows key + Shift + Left key (or right key)
if you only have 2 monitors it won't matter thou. If you have 3 or 4, then it will move the active window to the left (or right window)

lfadmin- Oct 19, 2011 05:14AM
with the right hardware you can use up to ten in XP
woot- Jun 5, 2012 11:19AM
if you have more slots you can, you could also buy extension, but depending on your graphic card if it can handle it too.
teacher- Nov 7, 2013 04:11PM
thanks! worked like a charm!
audlyn- Nov 21, 2013 11:32PM
thank you.
Answer
+4
moins plus
With my pc, it is simple. Press and hold the "fn" key, then press "f4" This may cause your computer screen to blackout...just do it again to view it on both screens. Enjoy

LOKI- Oct 11, 2011 07:06AM
do u have a laptop
justme- Feb 21, 2013 06:49PM
Fn and f4 did it !! You saved me !!
Danny420- May 14, 2013 07:45PM
what im looking for is a way to do the laptop fn+F4 on my desktop. my 2nd monitor is a TV so even when its off theres a signal going to it
Answer
+0
moins plus
I have an unusual problem. My laptop fell and the monitor is shot. I bought a stand alone monitor to use while I transferred data from it to the new one. The other day I started it up and now I can't get the monitor to connect. It says it's in power save mode and to simply touch a key to restore. That doesn't work. I tried the Fn+F4 key...no luck. Any ideas?
Windows XP and a Dell monitor model #E207WFPc

Ambucias 18912Posts Monday February 1, 2010Registration date ModeratorStatus March 3, 2015Last seen - May 7, 2014 04:53PM
Dear Kitchengod,

This thread on which you have posted on dates back to 2009. You may not get a reply. I suggest you begin a brand new thread by clicking on ask a question in the hardware/laptop forum.

Good luck

This document entitled « dual monitor shortcut key » from Kioskea (en.kioskea.net) is made available under the Creative Commons license. You can copy, modify copies of this page, under the conditions stipulated by the license, as this note appears clearly.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.