Kioskea
Recherche
Ask a question Report

Flash 10 won't play Youtube video [Solved/Closed]

Pwatkeys - Latest answer on Dec 10, 2014 11:51AM
Hello, please help me solve the problem.
Read more 
Answer
+54
moins plus
This is a frequent problem with Flash, which Youtube uses. Right click on the video. Under the far-left tab (tabs are found at the bottom), look for the box "Enable hardware acceleration" and uncheck it.

If there is a message stating that you can't change hardware acceleration, then you might try going into your display/graphics properties (right click on the desktop) and either lowering your resolution or your color quality (usually from 32 bit to 16 bit).

lucifer- Sep 26, 2013 09:03PM
If you are using internet explorer go to manage add ons in tools and make sure flash is enabled . It took me two days to figure this out after updating explorer , flash, restore etc. for such a simple fix.
Ken- Dec 22, 2013 07:24AM
YouTube videos won't play on my XP desktop, but will play on my Windows 8 laptop. The advertisements play just fine! I downloaded latest Flash 11. Have turned the accelerator off and still get the error message and to try again later.
jackodiamonds- Jan 24, 2014 02:30AM
guess that acceleration option was one of the problems..thanks so much!
Dude- Jun 27, 2014 04:08AM
I had this strange problem on my office pc also. uninstalled flash player version 13 and installed flash player latest version which happens to be version 14 and kept getting the same error even after installing the newest flash player. unchecking hardware acceleration didn't help. The ads on the videos played fine! But the video seemed to start playing but then would error out. What fixed the issue for me was updating my video card driver. Which is an Ati HD 4650. My old video driver was from 2011 the newest one is from 2013. And after that my videos started playing fine.
monk- Nov 6, 2014 01:35PM
I've had the same problem on macbook, using firefox - I tried K's solution - signing out of the service - and it worked, but after I signed back in, it wouldn't play again, nor would it play when I signed out again. This seemed to indicate that there might be some residual cookie problem, so cleaned my caches, restarted the computer, and now it's working - i can play youtube videos whether signed in or not.
Answer
+2
moins plus
Try changing the dns to one of the ones avalable for free .....you'll find it on any site just type top/fast free dns available....... Google has 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 as public ones .....It did solve a lot of my youtube problems....

jj- Jul 8, 2014 03:19AM
solve probem by google dns
mike- Jul 28, 2014 10:10AM
All I did was go to YouTube page, select settings, select sign out, and the problem was solved.
Answer
+1
moins plus
Tried loads of fixes on firefox but couldn't get it to work properly for ages.

Downloaded chrome and it works fine on that browser.

I still use firefox for everything else just chrome for u tube.

Z- Oct 1, 2014 09:55PM
Just switch to Chrome for everything.
bree- Dec 10, 2014 11:51AM
thanks worked great I wish it would still work without chrome, thanks very much problem resolved very fast
This document entitled « Flash 10 won't play Youtube video » from Kioskea (en.kioskea.net) is made available under the Creative Commons license. You can copy, modify copies of this page, under the conditions stipulated by the license, as this note appears clearly.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.