Limited or no connectivity problem!

Solved/Closed
jack - May 13, 2009 at 11:21 PM
 musicfreak - Mar 12, 2013 at 01:22 PM
Hey guys... I am using a toshiba laptop using vista.. which is connected wirelessly to a netgear router.. WGT264 . the roter is connected to the thomson speedtouch modem with a Eth cable. now, the problem iss I recentli gt my old toshiba laptop screen fixed which runs on xp sp2.. while the vista works perfectli with the router and connects to the internet.. the xp however connects but it say limited connectivity or no conection.. I have disabled the firewall and everything.. but no use.. could someone please help meh thrue this .. I would be very thankfull..

5 responses

Had the same problem with my vista laptop. Try to connect again then right click on the network icon on the bottom right of the screen and click diagnose repair. Click on the option to check Tcp/ip settings. Follow those directions for the IPversion4. You will be able to connect after that. I just fixed my laptop. The main idea is that the laptop wasn't getting an ip address automatically, and that's wht you're goin to change in the ip settings. Best of luck, if it works for you, spread the word!