Kioskea
Recherche
Ask a question Report

Can't get online even though says connected [Solved]

Ec327 2Posts Tuesday May 12, 2009Registration date May 13, 2009Last seen - Latest answer on Feb 20, 2010 06:22PM
Hello,
I live in an apartment that provides wireless. I was able to connect for a week and now I can't. I had been getting error messages saying that someone had the same ip address as me. And it was causing problems with aim such as getting disconnected. And I was able to connect for bit longer after that until about two weeks ago. I reformatted my laptop. Still can't connect. I bought a wireless usb card and still nothing. I am using my iPhone to connect and look for solutions but not having any luck whatsoever. I'm looking at my network sharing center and I'm connected to a networ but it stops there and there is just an annoying red x between the network and the grayed out Internet icon. And this only happens with the wireless in my apartment building. I go to my campus library and the connection is fine and I can surf the Internet. I really need help!! Please!
Read more 
Answer
+2
moins plus
go to Start > Run > type: CMD then you will get to the command prompt

Then type : ipconfig /release

when the connection is released type : ipconfig /renew this will renew your ip!
Ec327 2Posts Tuesday May 12, 2009Registration date May 13, 2009Last seen - May 13, 2009 08:35AM
I tried this and it still won't work.
bpaschal- Feb 20, 2010 06:22PM
I get a message that says evolution is required.
Add comment
This document entitled « Can't get online even though says connected » from Kioskea (en.kioskea.net) is made available under the Creative Commons license. You can copy, modify copies of this page, under the conditions stipulated by the license, as this note appears clearly.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.