Broken Pin On HP Laptop Power Supply

Closed
Foxylady326 - May 8, 2009 at 12:31 PM
 Abi - Jul 20, 2010 at 08:21 AM
Hello,
Im Hoping that some knowledgable person can help me solve the problem on my sons HP G6000 Laptop, you see he stupidly dragged the power lead out when the laptop was connected to the printer and the pin that charges the battery has snapper off, and we can no longer charge his battery or indeed, use the power supply to use the laptop!!! We have tried a couple of shops for advice but they all say they cant repair it or it wouldcost hundreds!! I just wondered if anybody knew of a way of either powering the laptop up without having to use the battery , or by using another laptop , or indeed whether this pin can be replaced so as we can again use the Laptop, its such a shame as it was his birthday present and he has hardly used it, although we have had it longer than the guarantee allows, but I cannont see the shop paying for a repair that was through neglect on our behalf! so please please any help or ideas to try would be very gladly appreciated, this may be a long shot and it might just be beyond repair but heres hoping its not .!!
Thanking you, and anxiously awaiting any replys

foxylady326
Related:

8 responses

This is actually remarkably easy to fix.

Go to this site and find the right repair kit. (Select the right model number - the model number can be found on the bottom of the laptop)
https://www.dcpowerjacks.net/

They're under $10 for the most part.

If you feel confident to replace it yourself, I'm sure you can find some instructions online, or just have at it. It's just a few screws. You'll have to remove the battery to get at the screws you want to remove, then use a small flat head screw driver to pop off the plastic piece above the keyboard (you can see the seam between the plastic pieces.) If it won't budge, you haven't gotten the screws out. Flip over and look for more. It's very easy to fix, I've fixed mine before.

If you don't feel confident dismantling the laptop to replace it, you can bring it to a repair place - all they will need to do is remove a few screws, literally pull out the old jack (like you'd pull a plug from a socket) and pop the new one in. Put the screws back in, and that's it.

It is literally a 20 minute job. It does not cost hundreds of dollars to repair or replace.

Think of computer shops like car shops - they will take advantage of anyone who will let them. Go in there knowing what you're talking about, bring them the part, and you'd be surprised how much you can bargain with them.

I've bargained for $30 hinge replacement (I brought the parts) which was quoted as $250. So don't always believe quoted prices.
hihi pls help me if yu receive any solution to your problem! I have the same problem my charger pin is disconnected and AC power can't get to my laptop it's also a HP
hi just by chance I am at the moment dismantling a HP G6000 laptop for my daughter it started playing up something to do wiyh the heatsink if any needs parts email me
derek
HP HAS A REPLACEMENT OR BEST BUY ALSO FROM HP

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
Did u get this done?
TEC-Commodities Posts 8 Registration date Saturday May 16, 2009 Status Member Last seen May 8, 2010
May 17, 2009 at 12:21 PM
You need part no. DA0AT8TB8F2. This is the DC socket for G6000 , F500 etc,. Search on ebay you can buy this for less than £40.00 and + fixing would cost 25-40 depending upon the repair shop.
Thank you very much for your advice I will look out for the part number you have given me . thank you !
DC jack will need to be replace . Cost for part is $35.00 and labor $ 95.00 sorry for the broken jack problem. e-mail me tech @ dbest or call 479-471-2866
Hello Friends,
I ALSO HAVE HP DV2000, MOST HOPLESS LAPTOP IN WHOLE WORLD, SAME PROBLEM ALL LIGHTS ARE ON AND NOTHING DISPLAY ON SCREEN "ONLY BLANK BLACK SCREEN". I BOUGHT IT JUST ONE YEAR BACK AND THE BATTERY WAS OUT OF ORDER AFTER 5 MONTHS. DUE TO US WARRANTY I WAS UNABLE TO GET IT REPLACE IN INDIA, NOW THIS PROBLEM HP IS REALLY THE WORST COMPANY I EVER DEAL WITH.
NEVER BUY HP PRODUCTS THEY ONLY KNOW HOW TO FOOL THE BUYER WITH THERE WORST PRODUCTS AND MOST EXPENSIVE SERVICE CENTERS. IF ANY ONE KNOW THE SOLUCTION FOR BLACK SCREEN PLEASE LET ME KNOW ELSE I HAVE TO THROW THIS LAPTOP IN THE GARBAGE !!!!!

HP IS WORST COMPANY IN WHOLE UNIVERSE, THEY SELL JUNK, GARBAGE products around the world, NEVER BUY AN HP PRODUCT, BY BUYING IT YOU ARE KILLING YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY.......................................................­............................................................­........... I DON'T THINK MY HP LAPTOP DV2000 WILL EVER WORK LIKE BEFORE, I HAVE TO BUY NEW ONE.................. BUT I WONT LEAVE THE COMPANY LIKE THIS I WILL CLAIM MY FUNDS, WE ALL HAVE TO TALK WITH H/P FOR REFUNDING OUR FUNDS OR REPLACE OUR DEFECTIVE PIECES WITH NEW ONCES.......................................................­.............................
ALL PEOPLE KEEP AWAY YOUR SELF WITH HP, WORST PRODUCTS, WORST & MOST EXPENSIVE SERVICE CENTERS, MOST CHEAP QUALITY AND HP THE COMPANY JUST EAT THE MONEY BY MAKE YOU FOOL.
Dont blamed HP, The fault is NVIDIA
Nvidia got an chip that oveheat and the chip get off. and thats got a fix.

I got an computershop if you want repair service contact me raphytek@yahoo.com